Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Ready my love?" Elaina stared up at him and shook her head.

"No." She answered honestly running her clammy hands down her dress. Nikolai chuckled and took her hand in his giving it a soft squeeze.

"I'll be by side you every step of the way." He stated softly. Elaina nodded taking a deep breathe until she remembered the flower bouquet, she pushed him back and hurriedly opened the back door reaching for the flowers.

"The flowers." She exclaimed.

"I am hurt that the flowers are more important than me, my love."

"They are not, but tonight they are." Elaina stammered as she held onto the flowers gently. "You lied, we are late."

"We are not late, everyone is merely early." Nikolai shrugged as he presented his arm to her. Elaina looked at him and slipped her arm through his awaiting one and let him take the lead.

Each step they took towards the doors, Elaina's heart skipped a beat. She was utterly nervous and Nikolai could tell as he would slow his steps down once they neared. Taking a deep breath the doors were pushed open letting them inside, Elaina was blinded by the bright lights that greeted her as they made their way inside and she clung desperately to Nikolai who let out a low chuckle.

People filled the room, who were unfamiliar to Elaina and some only familiar to Nikolai who paid them no mind. He kept his attention on his beauty whose eyes had widened as she looked around the room desperately searching for an escape.

"Nikolai, Elaina!" The couple turned to see Amara Valesco approaching them adorned in a beautiful gold dress and a large smile on her face. "Oh I'm glad you could make it."

"S-Sorry we were late." Elaina blushed embarrassingly, "O-Oh here." She presented the flowers to Amara whose eyes widened at the beautiful arrangement of assorted flowers.

"Oh my it's beautiful." She gasped grabbing onto the flowers. "Thank you so much."

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring you a proper present." Elaina apologized as she held onto Nikolai's arm tightly.

"Oh dear no need, just having you here is enough." Amara smiled.

"Elaina!" Nyla came running down the stairs followed by her loving boyfriend Calum who had a smile on his face following behind his energetic lover. "You're here." She exclaimed hugging onto Elaina tightly.

"Nyla how many times do I have to tell you to stop touching my beauty." Nikolai grunted pushing his sister back and wrapping his arms around Elaina who giggled.

"Hello, Nyla, Calum." Elaina greeted the two.

"My honeybun is coming," Amara smiled, "Honey hurry." She called her husband.

Elaina looked towards the two figures approaching them, one aged and the other only a few years older than Nikolai who stood behind her with his arms wrapped around her. They were truly handsome and the more Elaina took a good look at them the more she realized how much Nikolai looked like the older male of the two.

"Honey bun, Ian come meet Nikolai's beauty, Elaina." Elaina flushed as the two males stepped forward.

"Nikolas Valesco." The older male introduced himself to the flushed Elaina.

"Nice to meet you," she squeaked nervously, "Elaina Laracuena."

"Rodrico Laracuena's daughter I suppose."

"Yes." Elaina smiled.

"Your father often speaks of you during our golf days, going on about his little girl growing up." Nikolas chuckled much to Elaina's embarrassment.