Part 42. The Day of the Musical

*time skip. Next afternoon*

"You think I'll need anything else?"ava asks.

"Nope, you're good. I have an important question.  Did you enjoy your London trip? Even though you spent days of it in the hospital?" I ask.

"Yes, I did. I loved every second of it. I just wish you werent dying and could have spent it with me." Ava answers.

"I do too. But that's in the past. You get your butt ready, or you'll miss the flight.  Go enjoy yourself and tell me all about it when I see you again." I say.

"Before I leave, I want to swing by the Sangsters place to say bye and thanks again" ava says.

"Fine by me. I was going to do the same." I reply. "Thanks for taking me with you to that musical. I dont like musicals, but that one was okay. "

"Thanks for scoring the tickets." Ava retorted.

"You're welcome." We say in sync.

We toss our bags and my crutches in the trunk, and drive to the Sangster house. 

We pull into the driveway and Av spots us from the couch. She runs to the door and opens it.

"Girls! Why are you here?" Av asks.

"Well, we live in Canada, are foreign exchange students, stay in a place in Oxford, and we dont live in London. " ava says.

"You're leaving?" Av asks in disbelief.

"Sadly. "I reply "avas going to the States for a while, and I'm heading to my aunts place."

"Well, that's a shame. Come in."Thomas says. He heads for the kitchen and Av goes back towards the couch. I follow Tom and Ava follows Av.

Thomas opens the fridge, and grabs a pitcher of lemonade.

"Want some?" He asks

"Sure." I reply.

He pours me a glass and passes it to me. I can't comfortably stand in the kitchen, and there are no chairs other than in the dining room, so Yhomas helps me up on the counter. The counter is around waist height, so I stay around the same height as I would be standing.

"I'm going to miss randomly seeing you." I say."but im sure you'll be glad to get a break from me.

"Why?" Thomas asks.

"Why wouldnt you want  break? I'm always almost dead!" I say.

"Pshhh.' He said

"And I'm sure you are tired of fangirls coming up to you and grovelling in your perfection." I say dramatically.

"You're not like them. You're different. You seem more human than they do. They seem like they only like me for the little shallow part of me they know, but you. You seem to see a different side. You seem to see the human part of me. The part that everyone has. The side of who I truly am. And I could never get annoyed with that. I'm going to miss you. And I know we will probaly never see each other again, so I wanted to do something."

He grabs me. His hands where my neck and jaw meet. Pulls me in.

This is it.

He is going to kiss me.

"Y/N! Av saved me some doughnuts from that place I like up the street." Ava says as she walks in. "Oh my gosh. Were you just... did I... with the doughnuts...  did I interrupt something?"

"No."Tom said. "She was just telling me how shes going to her aunts place in..."he looked at me. His face so clearly said 'help me out here'

"Liverpool." I say ,  filling in the blank.

"Yes. Liverpool. And I was telling her about the movie I'm working on up there right now too. We were filming before we met, and the director gave us a bit of a break. A friend of mine told me about this party, and sent me the directions. That's where I met Y/N." He said. He was obviously directing the information at me, but wording it to Ava

Was this true? My stomach flipped in joy.

"I was telling Y/N she should come by the set some time".Thomas continues.

"See Ava? I'm in good hands. Dont worry." I say

"Well we need to go, or I'll be late." She says and we head to the car.