Part 41. The Decision

I know that name from somewhere. 

"Yes, you do know him from something. He writes musicals." Ava said.

I guess my face showed just what I was thinking. How often does it do that? Does it show what I think of Thomas? Is it obvious what I think of him? Is the fact I don't want to think of him as more than a friend also obvious?

"But theres a slight problem."Ava starts.

"Nothing I cant work with. You just went through hell with me. I can manage myself for a week or so. No biggie" I say.

"Yes biggie. What if you fall? Then what? Do you just lay there in pain until I come back? What if you need help after the fall? Then what? I cant leave you here like this. I would ask if you could stay with the Sangsters, but I dont want to rush you and Thomas,  and I also don't want to impose. They've done enough for us." Ava says, sounding like shes in full mom mode.

"Shhh." I say. "I have an aunt. Shes my closest biologically related friend. Shed be more than happy to have me stay with her for about a week. I'll reach out to her, and I can stay in her place in Liverpool. You and this lin guy go have fun. Write a musical to remember." I say.

I grab my phone and text my aunt.

Y/N: hey!

Aunt: hey! You're okay! So glad to hear.

Yeah. Well I need to ask a favour.

Sure. Anything.
Well not ANYTHING...

Haha. I need to ask if I can stay at your place for a while. I can live on my own, I just need someone who I can be safe with. I have moved to crutches, and Ava is going on a trip to America. She doesn't want me alone.

Ya absolutely honey. Come on over whenever!

"My aunts cool with me staying with her."I say.

"And you're sure this is all good? The doctors okay with it?" Ava asks.

"First off, screw the doctor."I say. "Second off, the doctor send me home with a list of when to increase the mobility range of my brace, and the milestones I need to pass to do so. So I'll be fine. I will avoid going back there. Dont worry."

"Okay. We should head back to the hotel and pack up. Tomorrow morning we go to the musical you got us tickets to, and then well head back to our place in Oxford. Well both pack all our stuff. I leave for the airport back in London where Lin-Manuel has bought tickets from.  I'll keep in touch with you. Promise. I'll hurry back. I'll miss you."ava said with tears forming in her eyes.

"I'll miss you too."I say as we hug. She has been my rock, and its going to be weird not having her. Even for just a week. "You better come back famous."I say as I wipe a tear from my eye.

"I'll see what I can do." Ava said laughing. 

For that brief moment,
The world just slowed.
We were happy.
I wasnt thinking about my knee.
Ava wasnt worried about leaving me. For that brief moment, everything was good.