Part 24. Walking

"Well, this is odd" I say standing up, and walking like a baby deer.

"Oh," Thomas says as he catches me right before I fall. 

"The wheelchair is just downstairs. We could bring it up, but we want to make sure Y/N can at least walk to the elevator with the help of another. Thomas, that would be you." The doctor says.

"Of course. No problem." Thomas says. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and I do the same. He kind of lifts me slightly, so when I walk on my left leg, I don't put too much pressure. 

"Ooh." I say as I wince in pain as I take my first step. 

"My gosh, are you alright?" Thomas asked, wrapping his right arm around my waist and placing his left hand on my right shoulder.

"Yea. I'll be fine." I say as I take another step and wince again.

"Are you sure? You dont seem fine" Thomas said

"I need to be able to walk a few feet to get from one place to another when wheelchair can't. I can do it." I say, but almost cripple in pain as I take another step.

"Its alright miss. That's far enough. You just need to be able to get in and out of the car, your bed and a few other things. So long as you have someone close enough to help if needed, you should be fine. Sir, could you help her get to the elevator?" The doctor said.

"Of course." Thomas says. He carefully picks me up. "Is that alright? My hands are kind of in awkward places." He asks. It's true. His one hand is at my upper thigh, and the other wrapped around by back gripping just above my waist.

"Its fine. Whatever is easiest for you.  You are the one carrying me." I say sarcastically. He chuckles and carries me to the elevator. We enter, and he puts me down. I lean on the wall, putting little to no weight on my left leg. Who knew it could hurt this much.

The elevator comes to a stop, and the doors open. Just a few feet outside is a wheelchair. Thomas wraps his arm around me again for support, and the man pushing the wheelchair comes closer. Thomas gently places me in it.

"Why thank you." I say, jokingly.

"You're welcome my fair lady.  Where to?" He says.

"Out front would be lovely. My chariot awaits. " I say mimicking royalty. We both giggle. Hes a great friend. Sure enough,  Ava was outside waiting, trunk popped and back seat door open. This would be the best spot for me to sit. I could stretch out my leg across the seats to my left. Thomas and Ava sat in the front. Ava insisted in driving since Thomas hasn't had a good sleep in 3 days.

"Thank you both." I say. "For the past 3 days I've been basically knocked out in that hospital bed and neither of you voluntarily left me. It means alot knowing I have you two here for me. I also want to apologize in advance. Thomas, you've seen how I am basically incapable of walking. I am going to need a little help in the begining. I promise itll only be for a day though. I'll be fine after that and you won't have to worr-"

"Y/N. Please stop." Thomas says.
"You dont have to worry. You'll be taken good care of. I promise. You have us, Greg, Kiana, your aunt and plenty of other people. We will make sure you're fine. Lucky for you, the hotel is completely wheelchair accessible. "Ava says. "Now for you Thomas. I refuse to let you drive home in this state. I will drive you. It's the least I can do."

"No it's fine." Thomas said.

"I insist. Where is your place?" Ava interjected.
Thomas gave her directions and we headed home.

Soon enough we came to his place and dropped him off.