Part 40. Birthday (cont)

The sun is about to set.

I spent most of the day walking around with my crutches meeting people and talking. Ava seemed to be sitting with the same small group all day. Cant wait to hear what she thought of the gift.

Everyone but Av, Thomas, Ava and I have gone. Av and Thomas are talking. Ava comes over and sits beside me on the bench. I wrap my arm around her shoulders. She leans her head on mine.

We just sit in silence.
Watching the sun set.
Again.
Realizing.
The times we have are limited.
Enjoy them.
I almost died.
Our time together was almost over.
The people who saved me helped throw this party.
The world is changing.
We cant control anything.
We need to live in the moment.
Value the times we have.

In that moment, we did.

The sun set, and Ava and I got off the bench and headed towards Tom and Av.

"Thank you guys for helping with this."

"Yeah"
"No problem" Av and Thomas said.

"I know it wasnt anything fancy, but I do have these." I say as I pull out an envelope from my pocket. I hand it to Ava. "I've been dying for the past days, but I did manage to get this before we came here. I've had them for months." I say.

Ava opens the envelope. Her eyes widen and her jaw drops.

"No. Way. Two tickets to the musical I've been wanting to see for ages?" Ava said in disbelief.

"Yup. Like em? You can take whomever you want. I was hoping by now you'd have a significant other to take, but I don't think you do."

"I'm taking you. No questions or objections." Ava said.

"Ok then."I say.

Ava leans over and hugs me.

"Thomas, Ava, thank you for your help organizing this. It has been a wonderful day. You guys are the best. Second to only y/n, obviously. " ava said as she smiled.

We said our goodbyes and got in our separate cars.

"Y/N, we need to talk."ava said. "First off, thank you for today. It was amazing. Which leads me to my next order or business. So this man walked by, and stopped to wish me happy birthday. He said he was a tourist here, just visiting for a week or so. We sat and talked. We ended up having a conversation about musicals. Turns out we're both obsessed with them." Ava said.

"Ooh. A lover." I say mockingly.

"No, no hes not. Hes a friend. And not like you and Thomas. Hes a normal friend. He said hes started writing a musical and wants me to help." Ava said.

"Oh my gosh that's amazing!" I say.

"Yes, but there's a problem. Hes a tourist here. He goes back to the US in a few days. I cant leave you here in this condition."

*slap*

"What the bloody hell was that for?"ava asked.

"That's for being you. You're always worried to do things for yourself. GO! I'll be fine. Dont worry!"I say.

"He would need me to come to the United states for about a week." Ava said.

"Awesome. Well book your ticket tomorrow. "I say.

"Lin-Manuel said he'd buy them for me. I just need to tell him if I can come." Ava said.

"Lin-Manuel?" I ask

"Ya. Lin-Manuel Miranda."