Part 34. The Overdose

Thomas's POV

"MUM!" I scream"

"Gosh hunny, I'm right here. Sweet Jesus!" my mum says as she crosses herself and looks at Y/N laying on the floor. "Was she shot?" 

"No, Mum! I don't know what happened though!" I scream. Av and my dad come running down the stairs. Dad is half dressed and Ava is in the middle of doing her hair and makeup.

"What happened?" Av asks

"WE DON'T KNOW!" My mum and I scream at the same time.

"Check her pulse. Is she breathing?" Av asks. 

I lean over and hover my ear just above her nose and mouth. "Shes breathing."

My whole family let out a sigh of relief. 

"Dad, you bring the wheelchair out to my car. Thomas, can't take her to the hospital on a motor bike, so you're going to take my car again. Mum, grab her bags and anything that you think she could possibly need in the hospital. We don't know what happened, so bring anything you think may be needed. Thomas, you're going to carry her out to the car." Ava says ordering us around like a drill sergeant. She is always the one with a clear mind in situations like this. 

I lift Y/N up, and carry her out to the car. I know shes alive and breathing, but she looks so lifeless. Its saddening to look at.  Ava slams the trunk door with the wheelchair in it. Mum brings out her bad of stuff, along with a pillow and blanket off the couch. Ava gets in the drivers seat, and Dad hops in the passenger seat. Mum hops in the back, and I come in carrying Y/N. 

Ava got us to the hospital super fast. We were there in minutes. 

Ava whips open the door and helps me out. 

"Ma, Dad, you go park the car. Ma, bring in her bag. We need to call her roommate using her phone. Come inside as soon as you possibly can." Ava orders, as she throws my dad the keys. 

Ava starts running towards the hospital and I follow close behind, still carrying Y/N. She's showed no signs of responsiveness to anything. We click the button for the elevator. Its all the way at the top floor.

Ava curses under her breath. "Taking the stairs!" she says, pointing to the stairs beside the elevator.

We run up to the floor where the doctor said to come back after a day or two. Its only been a day, but we're back.

"Doctor, we need you now. Its an emergency." Ava barks as she comes into the room.

"Oh goodness, what happened?" The doctor asks, taking Y/N from my arms. I felt weird letting her go. 

"We were eating breakfast, and I turned my back for a second. I heard a massive bang, and I turned around to see her lying on the floor. She was breathing and her pulse was fine, but she wasn't responsive to anything. We came here as soon as we could." I explained. 

"Did she take any of the painkillers?" The doctor asked

"Yes, she took one this morning." I said. Mum and dad came into the room just then.

"That's the problem. The one I gave her yesterday in the late morning hadn't completely left her system. The painkillers were too strong. She couldn't take basically having a double dose in her system, so her body shut down." The doctor explained. "Had she taken it an hour or more later, she would have been fine."

"But she was in PAIN!  The painkillers must have worn off!" I say, almost angry.

"The pain she would normally feel today would be unbearable. The little pain she was feeling was a result of the painkillers starting to wear off. They were still in her system though."The doctor explained. 

"Will she be okay?" mum asks quietly, holding me close to her. You can tell she became close to Y/N over the little time they spent together. Y/N became like another child to her.

"We'll do everything we can. Drug overdoses can frequently be fatal. Yes, this isn't like a normal drug overdose, but its is an overdose all the same. If she does survive, she's one hell of a strong person." The doctor says. The nurses and other doctors are running around behind him as hes talking to us. Y/N is now hooked up to dozens of machines. 

I look at her. 
She looks like she's in pain.
But at the same time, looks lifeless.