Part 13. The Drive

"Jo. I want you to listen to me very carefully." Ava starts in all seriousness.

*smack*

I feel her smack my face

"What the bloody hell was that for? Why?" I ask, as I touch my cheek checking for blood.

"That's for being you. You always do this. Something great happens in your, and you refuse to bask in the glory of your reality, because one of two things. 1. Its someone else's dream or 2. You don't want to take away from something else going on. Holy freaking crap. Yes, we're here to celebrate my bloody birthday. But guess what? I was expecting something small. A cake, maybe a bouquet of flowers you stole from our neighbors garden, cause goodness knows you do that." she mutters "But my goodness! You helped pay for a 2 and a half week trip to London England! You got us a reservation at the one restaurant I've always dreamed of going to. Winnet played for us. We preformed with Winnet! Now we're following Greg and Thomas Brodie frickin SANGSTER to who knows where in the dark! How could you possibly take away from the joy I am feeling right now? You cant. It cant be done. Think of it the other way around. My best friend is going to date Thomas Brodie-Sangster!" she says full of excitement.

"HOLD UP! That last part never happened and probably will never. So what. He kissed the back of my hand at midnight. He didn't do that tonight; did he now?" I say.
"Jo, the night ain't over." She says.

I roll my eyes.

Gregs truck pulls to the side of the road. Him and Thomas hop out. Ava and I pull over to see whats wrong.

"Damn it." Greg says. he kicks the tire, and steps to the side of the road, cursing.
'What happened?' I mouth to Ava and Thomas.
They both shrug and shake their head.
'May I?' I mouth to Thomas in particular as I gesture to the hood of the car.
He extends his arm, motioning for me to walk to the front of the car. I pop the hood of the car, and steam comes rushing out. Before I can even see anything, I start my analysis.

"Ava, you come here and watch to make sure nothing blows up." I say as I walk back to my car. "Thomas you follow me. I'm gonna need someone to help me carry this stuff." I continue.

Thomas looks at Ava. Smirks and shrugs. It was clear what she meant by that.
'This is just her. Get used to it. She calls the shots.' Ava's face said it all.
Thomas's eyes widen. He sighs sarcastically, then turns to help me carry stuff.

I pop the trunk, and lift the cover to the compartment. It must look like Mary Poppins's magic bag. I start pulling out all kinds of stuff. I pass it all to Thomas. I will admit, I could have carried it myself, but I really didn't want to, and I probably would have fallen if I tried to walk while carrying heavy stuff in these heels.

I will admit. It was extremely hard getting all this stuff out of the trunk in a mini skirt. I can't lean forward, bend down or anything. I look like a plastic Barbie doll. I grab the last thing, and close the trunk door. As we head back to the pick up truck, I see Thomas almost wipe out.

"Well well well... how the tables have turned." I say.
Thomas rolled his eyes and nudges me, trying to make me lose my balance

We get to the front of the car, and put all the stuff down beside the front right tire. Most of the steam has cleared by now, its just still sticky and humid close to the engine.

I reach into the small pocket in my leather jacket, and pull out this small flashlight. Its dark out, and you can barely see anything without some form of external light.

"Oh. Thats it?" I say as I look closely at the engine and poke around at some of the wires.

"What happened?" Greg asks coming up behind me

"It was just a problem with this small wire." I say holding one green wire apart from the others. "I'll have her fixed in 2 minutes tops."

This really is way more simple to fix, and yet still way more dangerous than most people think. The coating around the wire just came off.
I reach into a pocket inside my jacket. The pocket is crazy small, and only fits one thing in it. My screwdriver.

(A/N): So, anyone who knows me outside of wattpad knows this carrying screwdriver thing is legit. I always have my screwdriver. Had it since the 5th grade. It's just become an iconic part of me.
As always, pls coment. Any feedback is appreciated. Love to hear from you allllll.