Part 27. Breakfast

Greg arrives soon thereafter, and Ava helps me into our car. She and Greg are up front, and I'm In the back. Ava moved her seat up so I'd have room for my leg. We swing by Thomas's house, and he hops in the back beside me. 

"Where to?" Thomas asks.

Ava tells him where we're going.

"Awesome! That place is great. You guys will love it." He says.

I'm in a near floor length pale blue skirt. I normally wouldn't wear floor length stuff, but I don't want my brace to be seen on my bare knee. It isn't the most flattering image. 

We soon arrive at the restaurant. Ava pops the trunk, Greg grabs my chair, and Thomas helps me into it. They are working like a well oiled machine. Ava starts pushing me into the restaurant. Greg closes the trunk and locks the car. He bring the keys back to Ava, who then tucks them in her purse. 

We enter the restaurant, and Ava leaves the chair. Thomas quickly comes in and takes her place. Ava approaches the lady who is going to seat us. Their conversation wasn't the quietest. 

"Hi, I'd like a table for four please." Ava said.

"Sure. Any special accommodations?" The lady said. It was very obvious she was talking about me.

"None." Ava said, like she knew I wanted her to.

"Not even for the special one?" The lady said.

That was it. That comment lit a flame under me. I grabbed onto Thomas and Greg. I got out of the wheelchair, and wrapped my arms around each of their shoulders. We walked over to the lady.

"Excuse me miss. I hate to have overheard your conversation, but I have a question for you. What in your right mind makes you think it's okay to refer to me or anyone else in a wheelchair as the "special one"? How rude is that?! For your information, I was run over. I almost didn't make it out of that hospital bed alive. Had these people here not been there right when I needed them, we wouldn't be here right now. So to answer your original question, no we do not need any special accommodations. even for the 'Special One'. Thank you very much" I say. Thomas, Greg and Ava just all soot behind me. Literally. 

"Right this way." The lady said. You could tell I had obviously scared her.

Thomas and Greg put me back in the chair, and Greg pushed me to the table. Originally, Ava was just going to have one of the chairs from the table removed, I insisted otherwise, I scooted out of the wheelchair and into the regular one. I tucked the wheelchair under the table, and hid it with the tablecloth. Now people would look at me normally. 

We ordered our food. It came somewhat quickly, and we began talking.

"Y/N, we need to talk" Ava said.

"We understand that this accident has put a damper on your life, and you don't want that to affect us." Greg said.

"But you're our friend, and we need to make sure you are going to be fine." Thomas added.

"This morning, you tried to get out of bed and walk across the room without help. That's not okay. You could have seriously hurt yourself." Ava said. 

"So, the three of us spoke, and we decided." Thomas said

"We get that you may not like this, but its best for you." Greg said.

I could see this spiraling downhill fast. They were going to try and take constant care of me.

"Y/N, we all think its best that you have someone with you all the time. Okay?" Ava said.

"I get it. You guys are worried. But you don't need to be. I understand that I am in an odd situation, but I know quite well how to take care of myself." I reply.

"We get that." Thomas said.

"And that's why we're doing this. In the hotel, you need someone to help you move, because the carpet doesn't let you move in the wheelchair." Ava said. "Originally, I was going to cancel this London trip all together, and send us home to Oxford. But then I realized, you would never let me do that, and that would mean just leaving without spending much time with Thomas and Greg. And our place in Oxford is on the 3rd floor, and we don't have an elevator. I was going to send you to your aunts, but you live in the basement in her place, so that wouldn't work either." 

"We know you don't want to hold us up, so that's why we came to the conclusion we did" Greg continued.

"You are going to alternate staying in different places so we all get a break." Thomas says. 

"You will be staying with me most of the time." Ava says. "Obviously."

"My place is on the 6th floor, and there is no elevator, so you wont be staying with me, but I will be bringing you stuff all the time. 

"And for a little while, you'll be staying with me" Thomas said.