Part 38. Thar Evening

We drink our tea, and Ava and I hop back in the car. We start heading back to the hotel.

It's obvious we both want another girls night, but we are both too tired.

"So... tomorrow's your birthday! First birthday in England!"  I say, super excited.

"Yes, yes it is. But please dont do anything that could hurt you. Your safety is the best gift." Ava says.

"CRAP." I say. "Utter crap. My safety is a bonus. Not a gift."

Ava rolls her eyes.
"I just dont want you spending any more time in that damn hospital. And what was up with that doctor. He seemed horrified of you!"

"Well, I may or may not have been classic me and convinced him to let me out today." I say.

"You threatened him." She says reading the signs on my face. "But not directly.  You gave him some secre- no, it was a subliminal threat. You pulled him by the arm, no the collar.  Y/N, you dragged your doctor by the collar and subliminally threatened him?" Ava asked. She could read all that by my face.

"Uh, maybe. Maybe not." I say sarcastically.

"Y/N!" Ava scolded.

"I did it for you. I didn't want your first England birthday to be in the hospital!" I say, defending myself.

"Come on! You were in your death bed, and the first thing you did was threaten the doctor to let you out so you could throw me a party?" Ava said.

"Its the least I could do to repay you! You spend almost a total of a week looking at my almost lifeless body! The least I can do is be out of the hospital for your birthday." I say.

She rolls her eyes. We ride the last few minutes in silence.

We pull into the hotel parking lot. Ava gets me my crutches from the trunk and we head inside.

I open my bag to grab my pajamas. There are two tshirts. Thomas's tshirts. With a note.

Hey.
You look good in them. Keep them. I washed them, so you can wear them as pajamas or as regular shirts. So sorry I couldnt have you stay with me for longer.  Hope you recover well. If you need anything, reach out.I'm always here.
-Tom.

I

smile. I'm obviously going to wear these out. I slip into my pjs and grab my phone. Ava birthday is tomorrow, and he said not to worry. But I wont be able to sleep until I know that he has something planned.

Y/N: Hey Thomas.

Thomas: hey.

You signed the letter Tom. Is that what youd rather be called?

Haha. You called me that one day. I don't remember where we were or if you were even talking to me. But you called me Tom, and I liked the way it sounded when you said it.

Ok then Tom.

Love it.

What have you planned for tomorrow?

Dear, please dont worry about it. Av and I have it covered. Just bring Ava, you and maybe a box of doughnuts or something. Dont let her know that we have something planned. Go through the day like whatever you give her is all there is. Then bring her to the location I send you. Alright?

Sure. Anything special we should wear? Is it formal?

Come in anything.

Sweet. Send me the details.

I'll do that now

Thanks. Goodnight.

Goodnight.