Part 18. Breakfast

I continue to the bathroom, and wash my face. There is a mirror there too.
She also looks back at me. Happy. Glad I now see what she saw in me.

I know once Ava gets up she'll be ready to go in less than 5 minutes, so I guess I'll have to hustle before then.

The place Greg suggested we go is a small cafe. So we wont need a reservation.

Im looking forward to today. I'm going to spend it as me. Living my life the way I want. Not trying to fit in or be someone I'm not.

I go to my closet. It's not crazy hot this morning, which gives me more options.

I settle on a gorgeous pink midi skirt. It flowed from my waist gorgeously. I grab my faux denim shirt and put that on too. I never really like the way I look in long sleeves, and it's warmer than the days you usually wear long sleeves, so I roll them up to my elbows. I look great.

I go to do my hair.
This is always a challenge.
My hair is sort of curly. When I brush it,  it gets all fluffy and frizzy. It's really annoying. This morning, I guess you could say I was half successful.  I was able to get it into decent curls. I had brushed it out, but it went frizzy. So I pulled out Avas curling iron and ran my hair through it quickly. Perfect.

I come out of the bathroom.
Avas up!
Sweet. Now we'll be ready to go in a few minutes. Ava went and got dressed. She settled on her denim overall shorts and a coral off the shoulder top. Our outfits don't completely match in style, but it was close enough.

We make our way down to the car. We hop in, and make our way to the cafe. By now it's around 9:15. We should be there by 9:30.
___
We're here.  There is no real parking lot, so I just parallel park in the space in front of the cafe.
Ava gets out of the car and gives me the biggest hug.

"Thank you for all this." She says. "I know you didnt pay for it alone, but you contributed, and you're coordinating all this. If the roles were revered, we'd be back at the hotel, and we'd be eating stuff out of the mini fridge"
"Well, I good to know. Cant wait for my birthday" I say sarcastically. "And yes, I've been organizing all this, but I've had help. Todays breakfast I'd brought to you via the recommendation of Greg." I say.
"Well then. Let's head on in!"
We head in, and right off the bat, a few things catch my eye.
Off in the corner, there is a group of Avas friends. I'm not really close with them, but she is. So I atleast know their names. Secondly, my old friend kiana is the barista. Wow. Never thought I'd see her here. Shes definetly got an interesting story.

Ava gives me a look, asking for my consent to leave me and go catch up with the friends she made here in England. I nod and smile. She flashes the biggest smile and heads over to them. You could hear a few high pitched squeals, and there was lots of hugging. I scoff, and roll my eyes sarcastically.

I head over to order my tea and breakfast. I havent seen kiana in years. I dont want to come and be like "hello. It's me." So I come up with s craftily worded sentence that has tons of inside joke references. She'll piece them together and recognize me.

"Hello there. I'd like a tea. One milk one sugar. I'll also have a muffin. Chocolate chip please. And do you have a jar of coconut goat milk yogurt?" I ask

"Oh my gosh! Y/N!" Kiana said, shocked that I was here. The real question was why was SHE here.
Last time I saw her was in 8th grade back in Canada.

"I'm going on break. Someone cover for me!" Kiana called to the other workers.

She grabbed the stuff I ordered and walked out from behind the counter.