Chapter 41: Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"Awwww Y/N has grown up" he said rubbing my hair.

"Awwww Noona is so pittty" Chubbs said rubbing his side on my dress.

"No more food" I said sternly to him.

"Awwww no fair, hyung!!!" he said whinning.

"What did your Noona say?" he asked Jun Ki.

"Okay" he said pouting.

"Come on. Let's get you to the table" I said picking him up. Yoongi was holding his food.

"Jin just has a lot of things on his plate and he is tired but not because of you. Have you seen the way he smiles when he sees you?" Yoongi answered.

"But I still feel like I should give him more space" I answered back.

"How about you talk to him about it" he said. I nodded agreeing.

We sat down, Chubbs sitting on Yoongi's lap as he ate.

After a while the host asked all the guest to take their seats at the respective tables. Jungkook came to my table and told me its time.

I followed Jungkook leaving Yoongi and Chubbs as the rest joined them at the table. Jin was still out of sight.

The ceremony started with Mr Jeon's speech, soon it was Jungkook's turn.

Jungkook went up and followed him up. He started by saying that it was his first ever project and that he was glad that I was his partner. Then suddenly he passed me the mic.

I was so surprised. I didn't prepare anything and I wasn't really sure where to start so I awkwardly smiled at the guests and turned to Jungkook giving him the what the heck face. He returned a sheepish smile.

"Go on Y/N" he whispered into my ears. I adjusted the mic to my height.

"Ermmm... I wasn't planning to give a speech" I said turning and glared at Jungkook before continuing.

"but I guess I'll start with a short story. There was 5 friends. They were of different nationalities and personalities. They had their own children. And who would have thought their children would be friends too. It isn't exactly the best story you have heard" I said earning laughs from the audience.

"But its my story. I am glad that today you all have come to witness one of the highlights in my life. I never expected ending up leading a huge project but here I am. I am really thankful for those who have stood by my side the past few months.

I am sure everybody here knows my past and present. But I am sure no one knows how my future will be.

I have made a lot wrong of choices in my life and I'm sure many of us here can relate. However, I beg for forgiveness to anyone who his been hurt by my choices.

I, Y/N Shelley am the only one who can write my future. Similarly, each one of us have our own future and stories to share.

I would love to hear each one of your stories. Through this project that we will be releasing we hope your story will be heard and that it will inspire others.

Every story is special so urge you to share yours. I'm sorry if my speech was too long hahaha" I said informally. There was an awkward silence. Then I saw James stand up and start clapping. Slowly everyone joined in around of applause.

Jungkook approached me from the back and gave me a light hug saying he was touched. I smiled in response.

Then the host took over.

~author pov~

They made their way back to their seats, Y/N and Jungkook walked hand in hand. The gang did a thumbs up in the direction of the 2. Y/N returned a smile. Chubbs was fast asleep on Jimin's lap.

FYI, Chubbs loves Jimin and Yoongi a lot!!!!

They sat down and the there were other speeches. Then Mr Kim walked onto the stage with Jin accompanying him.

This was what he was wearing

This was what he was wearing. Not the mic!!!!

Mr Kim started his speech. Y/N couldn't take her eyes off Jin. Similarly Jin couldn't take his eyes off Y/N, while Jungkook couldn't take his eyes off Y/N.

He was disappointed that Y/N was not looking at him that way.

During the ceremony, Y/N received a message asking her to go to the garden outside the place. So Y/N excused herself saying she wanted to use the ladies.

At the garden, Jin was sitting on the bench his back facing Y/N. Y/N joined him on the bench.

"You look beautiful" he said touching her face once she sat down.

"You look handsome" Y/N said.

"I know, I am World Wide Handsome. Your the luckiest girl" Jin said jokingly.

"I know that I am the luckiest girl on earth. Sometimes I feel like an additionally burden to you" Y/N said seriously.

"You will never be a burden to me. You will always be my treasure" he said taking my hands and rubbing them. I started shivering so he took off his coat and covered me.

"Your speech was amazing. I'm glad you are mine Y/N Shelley" Jin said.

"Jin I actually have something to ask you" Y/N said spoiling the moment. He nodded waiting for me to continue.

"Are you hiding anything from me?" she asked looking him in the eye.

"Yup" he said honestly.

"Ya so..." looked at him expectantly. He took out a ticket and put it in my hand.

"I have been wanting to ask you if you could come to watch my performance" Jin said.

~y/n pov~

It was a ticket for our school's annual anniversary musical.

"You're performing in the musical?!!" I said.

"Yup, I know it will be Jun Ki's second birthday. But can you make it for me?" he asked pleading with his puppy eyes.

"Sure I'll be there" Y/N said giggling and messing Jin's hair.

"Thank you Y/N, your the best girlfriend I could ever ask for" he hugged Y/N tightly. Y/N started beating his back cause she couldn't breathe. He then released her.

"In exchange can I have 1 more extra ticket?!!" Y/N aked smiling sheepishly.

Jin calmly took out a ticket from his pocket. Y/N was surprised "How did you..." "I know you would ask for it. Your welcome" Jin said interrupting her. Y/N snatched the ticket from Jin's hand and couldn't help but hug Jin.

Then they headed back to the hall. Jin apologised and said he would not be able to make it home today. Y/N nodded understandingly and went their separate ways as though they never met.

********
Sorry about how long it took!!!

I never knew this existed!!!!😮