Chapter 18: The Deal

There were two chairs positioned to face each other. Veronica was sitting on the chair facing the door with her sunglasses on top of her head. Y/N was sitting on the other chair opposite Veronica, trying to look confident.

~y/n pov~

"The only reason I am here is because you wanted to talk. I know you can't touch my friends. I'm not as dumb as you think I am" I said mustering all my courage.

"Well you've got guts, I give that to you. Oh this has nothing to do with the girls. It's just that I was scrolling through my SNS and I saw an interesting picture" Veronica siad shrugging her shoulders and scrolling through her phone.

"WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?" I said getting annoyed.

"If you're not going to get to the point, I am leaving" I said firmly. Veronica ignored you and continued scrolling through her phone.

I lied to my friends just to see you scrolling through your phone, I thought to myself, standing up and making my way to the door.

"Oh look who is that covered in egg, flour and special sauce" Veronica said definitely getting my attention. I stopped in my tracks.

"Oh wait there's even a video of the cake making hehe. Imagine what would happen if I released this to the whole school" Veronica said now standing up and walking towards me.

I turned around and walked towards her. I was frightened.

"What do you want from me?" I asked trying to hide my fear.

"Oh nothing much" and I interrupted her. "I am not going to leave the school. Not until I graduate" I said now slightly more confidently.

"Don't worry darling nothing of that sort needs to happen. You just have to be my slave until I graduate" Veronica said.

I thought about and replied "I'll do it but you can't upload those pictures and videos, you can't touch my friends and you can't call me on weekends".

"Don't think its going to be easy. If you mess up, you know what happens right?" Veronica asked.

"Its not like I have a choice right" I muttered. Then we exchanged numbers. By the time we left the roof, it was time for the next lesson. By the time I reached class the class had already started so I quietly went to my sit.

It was math lesson so I couldn't really concentrate and I could feel someone glaring at me. It was Jungkook. I checked my phone. I had 40 unread messages and 20 miss calls mainly from Jungkook.

I replied in out gang group chat straight

Y/N: Guys sorry for making yall worried. I had something to do back in my room so I went back. Anyways I am fine but I would appreciate if yall could give me some space. I have been given some important family business to manage so I will be very busy the rest of the year. I will not be able to spend time with yall anymore. SORRY GUYS!!!😔

I sent it and left all my group chats immediately. Then I blocked all their numbers except DALA, Jungkook and Jin's numbers because I needed their numbers for school projects.

After sending the message I noticed that Jungkook stopped glaring at me. Instead he gave me an evil smirk.

MAN I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!

Then Veronica messaged me and asked told me to clear my schedule cause she was going shopping.

HAIS WHY ME!!!

After my last lesson, I went to Veronica's class collect her bag and her minions bags and left the school. I didn't wait for my friends.

I hate shopping trips and its worse if you are the one carrying all the bags. Well, I wasn't alone but it didn't make me feel any better.

Veronica's butler is a really sweet man. I wonder how he survived working for her for 19 years.

(FYI VERONICA IS 19)

Once I finally reached my room, I knocked off. I was woken up by my dinner alarm. Mandy left a note saying "see you at dinner". I don't think I can face them yet, so I bought bread on the way back.

I opened my bag to take the bread. I saw the mentos container and remember that I still haven't read the note. So I placed my bread on my bed and fished for my wallet. I took the note out and read it.

~~~~

Hey Y/N!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Cause mine was great😊

Anyways I got you some mentos to keep you awake during your lesson.

Hope you don't fall asleep again hehehe😉 Oh I saw you enjoying the cookies. I will make some more another time. For now...

Remember to love yourself
See you around😘

~~~~

My weekend was amazing. Honestly I couldn't have spent it so well without Jin. I am so glad that I have great friends.

Oh wait hahah I have no more friends now. Hais...

I sulked, taking a bite from my bread and taking out my notebook. And I tore out both pages about MY PROBLEMS and SILVER LINING.

I don't need any silver lining atleast for the time being. I just wanna escape from this nightmare, without tarnishing my name and family's name.

I didn't simple get this chance to study in Korea. It wasn't easy to convince my parents to sent me here. I made many promises and one of that was to behave myself so as to not tarnish my family's name. My parents give a lot of attention to their reputation, and my reputation is also their reputation so ya...

Instead, I wrote...

~~~~

MY PROBLEMS:

1. My Reputation
2. Jungkook

~~~~

For now I really have no solutions for any of these 2 problems.

I called my favourite uncle (butler) from home. He told me that everyone was in a mess at home and that I should take care of myself, talk to my family members and behave myself without adding oil to the fire.

It made me feel worse, but still left a text to my family.

Y/N: I am alive and well. But I am really tired from school and studying so I going to turn in for the night. I'll give yall a call tomorrow morning. Nites😴

I waited for a while for replies but there were none.

I guess they are busy. Anyways I better sleep before Mandy comes back from dinner.

I threw away the bread wrapper and went to bed.

****
I am sooooo tired from school. But its school from home.

I agree with Y/N, home is the most tiring place...