Chapter 27 - Historia

A/N: Boy are you in for a treat. Be prepared for this chapter (have a change of underwear on hand). It gets... steamy... There's kissing and... a little more...

Song inspired for this chapter: I won't Say I'm in Love by Meg from Disney's Hercules. This song is awesome and perfect for Historia's feelings in this chapter. She's so in denial...

I loosen the buckles around my thighs, wondering why the straps don't fit like they used to.

I don't understand. These were the exact measurements I used to wear back when I was a soldier. They shouldn't feel so tight.

The realisation suddenly dawns on me, and I choke back a sob. Of course. I'm queen now, and I no longer have the means of keeping in shape.

I... really have put on weight. My thighs aren't what they used to be. Even the belt around my waist feels a little too snug now, and I squeeze my eyes, fighting back tears.

No. This is ridiculous. I won't cry over something so shallow. I can hear Ymir's spirit right now, saying, "Stop crying. Only babies cry."

She meant well, really.

I stand in the middle of the forest as Jean fills a gas canister on my left, and my heart won't stop fluttering.

At least I will be able to fly again.

I have missed flying...

That's if I'm not too heavy for my ODM gear first.

I groan when I spot the tall, lean shapes of Sasha and Mikasa as they head my way. And lo-and-behold, Sasha is eating bread again, but it never goes to her hips.

I narrow my eyes, peering away before that little green monster takes a hold of me.

I'm not jealous of their strong, muscular bodies; I don't care that my muscles have softened in the last few years, let alone if I can even still vertical manoeuvre.

I'm going to pull something for sure.

Sasha beams when she gets a good look at me in my uniform, and now she rushes forward, scooping me up in her arms. She twirls me around, and I can feel how strong she is. I'm only tiny but still — the girl sure can lift.

"Historia! You're one of us again!"

I laugh, patting her chestnut brown hair. "I know! I can't believe the captain allowed me to wear the uniform again. It's so awfully kind of him."

The huntress sets me down, offering Mikasa a silly smirk. She chomps her bread. "So, the guys and I were talking earlier... And we reckon the reason why the captain is being so nice to you lately is because he has a crush on you. He thinks you're a short glass of water, hey..." she nudges Mikasa with her elbow.

Mikasa gives her a serious, stoic look. "Sasha, stop, you're embarrassing yourself."

Before Sasha can go on, I throw my head back, releasing the craziest cackle the world has ever heard. A flock of birds takes flight, and Jean almost drops a canister.

Mikasa and Sasha stare at me aghast.

I have no idea where the laugh comes from, but I just go with it. "The captain has a crush on me...? Don't be so silly! We all know that his one and only true love is his broomstick... Oh, Sasha... you... you funny girl..."