Chapter 56 - Levi

AN: Song inspired for this chapter: Angels by Robbie Williams. No matter what, Levi will always have his angels, Kuchel and Historia, looking out for him.  

This is an angsty chapter but I loved getting the chance to explore Levi's feelings about his mother, Kuchel, and his dark past. It was a relief, to say the least.

Historia and I remain in that hot pool of steamy desire, wrapped up in each other's embrace.

After I fucked her pussy, I dragged her towards a stone bench, and we haven't moved from that spot since.

That was the second time I entered her bare. The first was upstairs in the bedroom against the mirror as the thought to wear protection just didn't cross my mind.

I'm such an idiot.

Shit. Were we that lost in consuming each other's bodies? I know I was lost in hers. Historia just looked so fantastic in that lingerie, I lost all common sense.

Very unlike me. I usually have my wits about me...

My contraceptive sheath waits inside my pants pocket, and if I'm not careful, I'm going to get her pregnant.

Just like the motherfucker who fucked my teenage mum and left her pregnant with me...

Asshole. I bet he was twice her age too.

I shake my head, holding Historia closer. No, I'm nothing like that man; I wouldn't leave Historia with the burden of raising a child alone, but I need to be careful. I am not father material. Period. Even though small children do seem to have gravitated towards me all of a sudden, I would not be a warm, fun dad. I would be stern, tough, and serious.

Historia would be the soft one, letting our son eat us out of house and home until he's forty years of age because "He can't find his way in life".

Even if I would be seventy-five in this hypothetical scenario, I'd still kick our grown-ass son out onto the curb. Historia would be close to sixty, and we'd both be pretty decrepit by that point in our lives anyway (time for sonny to get a place of his own).

Growing old with Historia would be a dream come true, but with all the plans the military has for her, I know that's a pipe dream.

Still... I won't let anything happen to her. Historia will experience old age one day. I'll make absolute sure of it.

As I promised her...

"What are you thinking about?"

I startle at the sound of Historia's soft voice, closing my eyes. I'm that absorbed in my own thoughts, I'd forgotten she was still sitting on my lap buck-naked.

I breathe a heavy sigh, pinching the skin between my brows. She lifts her head from my shoulder, watching me carefully.

"Levi? Are you scared about today? It's all right. You will have me after all. I'll protect you..."

I don't miss the amusement in her tone, yet it does take me a moment to realise what the hell she's talking about.

When the reality comes crashing back, I clutch my chest, releasing the world's most obnoxious grunting sound.

Rather melodramatic, but fuck... My head was that wrapped up in the future, I'd forgotten about the present. Today we're going to face Wolfgang Schmidt, and the anxiety is eating me up.