Chapter 14 - Levi

A/N: You may want to grab another tissue box. Tis a sad one again. 

Any Mikasa fans? You may appreciate this one.

Song inspired for this chapter: Counting Crows Accidentally in Love because Levi has accidentally fallen in love with Historia. Whoops. This is the one that plays at the beginning of Shrek 2. 

I clench my jaw as I glare at Four Eyes and my entire squad. "What the hell are you all doing here?"

Hange beams, jumping down from her horse. "Why, aren't you happy to see us, Levi?"

My eye twitches. "No. You've all got other business to attend to. Go back to Shiganshina and keep an eye on the volunteers."

She waves her hand dismissively. "Nonsense. We'll be fine for a few days. Besides, Floch's with them. That kid is really coming around. A rising star in the Survey Corps..."

"And what about Eren?"

She peers to the back of the party, and there's Jaeger looking all glum and bored on his horse with his long, floppy haircut.

He seriously needs to pay a visit to a barber.

He used to be the loudest kid in the room, never shutting up about those damn fucking titans, but now look at him. You'd barely know he was present.

He's so subdued and reflective, it's terrifying.

Kirstein can't even wind him up anymore (though it's not as if the lanky bastard still hasn't tried).

At least Four Eyes had the sense to bring him.

I sigh, rubbing my forehead. This is the last thing Historia and I need right now. We have a mute little girl to take care of.

With the arrival of four more men, it's the last thing she needs.

I'm still hot from what just happened between Historia and I. I'd felt it stirring inside my pants, growing as big and sharp as my double-edged sword, and it couldn't be better timing.

I'm going to have to act like an asshole around Historia again lest my squad suspects something. Least of all Hange...

Historia and I aren't her test subjects.

Not that I'm saying that there is anything going on between us... I'm just a knight protecting his queen after all.

I remove my hand from my face, catching Arlert's probing gaze. His eyes flicker from me to Historia, and I step away from her quickly, acting as if she disgusts me once more.

Like everything else disgusts me.

Nothing passes that sharp kid. Absolutely nothing...

Everyone dismounts their horses, and the kids run to Sasha and Connie immediately. One yanks Sasha's hair, and another hooks a dirty finger inside Connie's mouth.

Krista and Rosie stop beside Mikasa and Armin, gushing over a basket inside of Ackerman's arms.

"Aw, look at the cute kitty..." Krista squeaks.

I narrow my eyes, glaring over at Four Eyes. "You brought the cat? Again?"

She smiles. "Well, I couldn't leave him behind. Erwin hates Floch anyway. Also... I thought you may need his guidance."