xlvii. winning the house cup

Start from the beginning

Then again, that could have been exaggerated.

The Great Hall was once again filled with green banners and cheers from the Slytherin table. The twins were whispering to Harry, telling him the Madam Pomfrey wouldn't allow a toilet for a gift, but they did really try.

Dumbledore took his spot in front of his students, beginning his end of the year speech. "Another year gone! And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle.

"Before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast, what a year it has been! Hopefully, your heads are all a little fuller than they were. You have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts.

"Now, as I understand it, the House Cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred twelve; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred twenty-six, and Slytherin, four hundred seventy-two!"

Tori rolled her eyes, weakly clapping as she saw Dove high five Avalon. "Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. Ahem. I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes... First— to Mr. Ronald Weasley..."

The twins looked at their younger brother shocked. Tori grinned at the boy who went red in the face. "...for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years. I award Gryffindor House fifty points."

Tori clapped loudly, winking the younger Weasley. "Second —to Miss Hermione Granger...for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor House fifty points.

"Third — to Mr. Harry Potter...for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House sixty points."

Any student who was good enough at math yelled out that they were now tied with Slytherin! If only they were given one extra point!

"There are all kinds of courage, it takes a great deal to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I, therefore, award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom."

Tori looks shocked at the goofy first year, who had always lost his toad. Neville seemed surprised as the rest of them though, he glanced up at Dumbledore with great confusion.

"Which means we need a little change of decoration..." Dumbledore lifted his hands in the air. Tori gazed upon the green banners watching them turn into a dark red and gold. The Gryffindor table cheered loudly, throwing those stupid hats up in the air.

They had finally done it! They had won the house cup! Tori threw her arms around Alicia and Angelina, exhilarated. "It's about time!" Alicia yelled, causing the group around her to laugh.

The tables were once again, lavished with all types of food and desserts that each of the students took with wide smiles on their faces. Tori just enjoyed it, her eyes gazing around the room.

Her friends were with her. She saw Cedric give her a thumbs up from the Hufflepuff table. She smiled in return. Tori glanced over at the Slytherin table.

Avalon looked annoyed, blabbering to his friends. Probably how this wasn't fair. Dove sat with a group of girls, catching Tori's gaze. The young first-year looked at her, debating something before giving her a weak smile. Tori mimicked it, before going back down to her dish.

The rest of the day was filled with bittersweet packing and sappy goodbyes. "Next year I'm sure you'll be in running for Prefect!" Tori told Cedric, giving him a hug. Cedric shrugged, "Let's hope. I'll write this summer too."

"Great!"

The two stood there a bit awkward. "Okay well, I'm going to go..."

"Yeah me too, I've got to go say goodbye to a few..."

"Okay."

They shared a laugh, returning to their proper groups.

Tori threw her arms around the twins, looking at both of them. "Why do I feel like you guys are going to get me into more trouble this summer?"

Fred chuckled. "You already know we definitely are."

"Maybe we'll turn Percy's hair purple this time," George replied.

"Maybe we'll turn yours." Fred winked at Tori, who's face went red.

"I'm glad Alicia told me to smell my shampoo." She muttered, causing them to laugh. "So... are you staying the whole summer?" Fred asked her as they walked towards the Hogsmeade train station.

"As long as your parents don't kick me out."

"They would never hear the end of it if they did."

"Maybe that's a good thing."

me realizing that i'm done with year three and in two "years" it will be year six and there's going to be so much drama

you all don't even know what i have planned.

wow.

only a couple more "years" and i finish this book...

wow.