Eyes

Zion's POV

The eternity has given me the gift of living this life to the fullest forever. So the benefits of this long life is also immeasurable. Above all being the only son born to the royal vampire family has made the things more easier than being a regular vampire. Because with a snap of a finger I gain anything I want to have, anything I want to ruin or anything I want to protect.

But what can we do about the boredom of the same routine everyday? Actually it is not that bad as you think. Because as vampires we are assigned to many tasks by the vampire king or else if I say it correctly, my father; Derek Macquaid. So we have duties to fulfill according to our ranks and the class system. Likewise I am assigned for looking into the relationships between human and vampire population in the entire continent.

As a result of that, I have come across many human beings in many nations such as Caucasoid, Mongoloids including Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and American Indians, Negroid, Khoisanoids or Capoids ;Bushmen and Hottentots and Pacific races, Australian aborigines, Polynesians, Melanesians, Indonesians and many more. And also we have connections to other kingdoms too except these.

So I have a very good understanding and a knowledge about their ideas, opinions, likes, dislikes, choices as well as their abilities.

We are living in a world full of both vampires and human beings. But the little humans know that they are under our feet no matter what rules we have made to assure their safety. Because if they mess with us any moment, they know that they're in big trouble.

But when it comes to my father, he has a quite different idea about the humans as my mom once was a little human according to him. But when they got married she wanted him to convert her into a vampire as she was eagerly waiting to spend the eternity with my father as they were in so much love which is quite unusual between a vampire and a human.

However If he hadn't made the new rules since we appeared as superiors in front of humans thousands of years ago, I feel sorry to say about the destiny of pathetic human beings.

Because in the time period of my grandpa who was the former king of Necrosis Bregade, the situation was tough and difficult for humans as they were always kidnapped, drank blood and raped too sometimes. But that doesn't mean that my grandpa was an incompetent ruler.

Even though the rules were there, they weren't strict enough to protect these little humans all the time. However when my father became the ruler, he made a new rule for the humans to wear a vampire protection bracelet as it gave an assurance of safety to them. Protection from my own kind!!

Because even before I was born, I heard how vampires killed humans brutally whenever they wanted to drink blood even when they were not hungry. As a result of that it caused many wars in between both parties. But now, because of my father's rules, everything is under control.

But there was only one condition. That is, if a vampire found a human without a bracelet, they were able to act as they pleased like feed from them, have fun with them or sell them to a pet shop for a large amount of money.

As a result of those rules, that gave me enough opportunity to interact with humans in many matters. As a result of that I am very well capable of my duty. Apart from my duty, I got many side benefits too. If you are wondering what they are, yep satisfying myself whenever I pleased.