Unruly fondness

Zion's POV

Did I ever think that I would start worrying about a girl for the first time after a long time? I don't think so. I was attached to somebody and vowed to protect her half a century ago. But that was a long time ago actually.

But she was taken away from me by the death which didn't leave me any option to bring her back even though I had enough power. After making up my mind by trying so hard for about six months, I vowed to myself that I am not going to let those feelings bloom within me again.

Because It dragged me to a dark place by nearly destroying myself completely. If Xavier and Gabriella weren't there by my side, I would have already went down her path by jumping into the Cataclysmic lake.

Then after sometime I realized that attachments only make us weak and drop us to the eternity of darkness where there is no bottom line. Actually that was like I was in a deep, dark dream waiting to be awoken by somebody to tell me that it was just purely my imagination.

But it didn't work in that way. It was really painful and agonizing to think that the person you loved with your whole heart has gone to a deep sleep with no planning to wake up ever again. My biggest regret was, not being able to say goodbye to her one last time at least.

As an immortal, as a royal prince and as the next in line to the throne, I had to try to wake up from that horrible nightmare somehow. Because I was not just a vampire with a carefree life. I had a heavy load of responsibility on my shoulders for my clan, for my parents and the council.

Those plump rosy lips, doe blue Eyes, cute button nose, and her vivid skin colour really makes me crazy. But I shouldn't be having any odd thoughts towards her. It's even prohibited to think like that as she is my pet. But that feeling is difficult to control and getting out of hand day by day. But I know where I will end up if I let my guard down.

Even my father won't be able to help me to get out of the accusation of the council. But my soul has started to crave this forbidden fruit oddly after a long time of staying silence. My demon has decided to come to the surface after having a very long period of interval.

I never had a pull for any woman except her. But now what has changed here within me seeing this little human? I had long forgotten what are emotions as they were buried with her long time ago. But since the first time I bumped into this little beauty, my heart has started to beat with an unusual speed.

Is she a witch with a doll like face? But it's impossible as they vanished with the curse they made to the whole vampire population a very long time ago. Above all I would have sensed it already. But she didn't give any vibe of those evil spirits.

The only problem I have faced so far is not being able to read her mind no matter how hard I tried. It was like a barrier that I cannot surpass. But at the night she cried when I kissed her for the first time, I felt her fear and the helplessness in my body. At that moment my demon Zirius tried to connected to her soul and eventually succeeded for two or three minutes.

Now I am determined to dig into her identity more and more. Somehow that kiss was something that shouldn't have happened. Because I just feel that it has intensified whatever the pull I have towards her. For fucks sake I am her master and she is my pet.

How did I let it happen? I am really mad for loosing my self control like that. And it has become awkward to look at her even without thinking about those soft petals like lips.

I had few pets for myself earlier before her death specially for blood. But it was like a havoc as I was not in the right mind hearing her demise. As a result unlucky humans were killed brutally by Zirius as I wasn't not in a state to take control. When I became sober enough to handle things, I had no idea to keep pets. But this mysterious beauty changed that thought with the first glance.