Candlelight dinner

3rd person POV

Mates are the most precious blessing any supernatural creature could get in this time period. Whether the mate being their own kind or a human didn't become a problem, once they found their other half. Because eventually they get attracted to each other like magnets that cannot be separated for any reason.

For Sofia and Zion, the situation was no different than the others. Because after marking and mated with each other few weeks ago, they couldn't stay away from each other no matter how hard they tried. It's true that Zion had royal duties to fulfil no matter how much he loved his mate. Therefore finishing the assigned tasks and reaching his mate as soon as possible was the only motivation that prince had in his mind. He loved her that much. He was even ready to die for her already.

When it comes to Sofia also the situation was not much different. Because during the daytime, when she was with prince's mom and granny or sometimes grandpa or rarely his dad, only thought that was running her mind to see her mate as soon as possible. It was like they have gotten lost in their own private world without no care about the outside world.

Royal members clearly new how hard it's for them to stay away from each other as they are a newly mated couple. But no matter how hard it's, they knew that the couple need to learn and get used to care about the matters of their kingdom too. And also, as nobody knew about the mate of Prince Zion, they had to keep their relationship as a secret.

However Zion wanted to take her out like a normal couple as soon as possible. He couldn't wait till Princess Amber leaves. He knew how hard for her to stay within the palace for everyday doing the same tasks no matter how luxurious it is. And then his friends gave him the perfect plan to take her out without others prying eyes.

Today is the day he asked her to get ready as he has planned to take her out. In the morning, after spending another delicious night, wrapped up in each other's warmth, Zion went to the company asking her to get dressed and wait when he comes in the evening. But he didn't forget to give her a load of kisses and love bites to his heart content before he leaves. To tell the truth they couldn't get enough of each other at all.

However the little beauty was already under a little stress and the worry was written in that beautiful angelic face since the moment he left. When she joined with Prince's beloved grandma and momma for knitting, she seemed distracted completely. The queen and the former queen felt and sensed her distress miles away. Because usually they saw the fascinated glow around their daughter in law all the time they are with her. But today her light seemed little dimmed.

"Why do you look distracted darling?" The queen had to ask it no matter what. Because they have started loving her as their own daughter though they couldn't identify her identity yet. They knew her soul is so pure and untainted no matter how mysterious her identity is.

"Yes love...what's wrong? Did...something happened between you two?" prince's grandmother knew they cannot interfere into their personal lives. But she couldn't stop asking the question as the little beauty seemed so down today.

"It...it's that...he asked me for a date today evening...but...but I am...little scared..." she replied to them with shaking voice.

"What's the reason for being so nervous my dear?mmmm you two are mates...so nothing to worry..." even though prince's grandma said so, the little beauty seemed unsettled yet.

"I just...I don't want... any drama like...Scarlet's... that's why... I am scared...it just...what if something goes wrong...because three times my heart broke like that...So I am..." when she said like that with tear filled eyes, queen stood from her high comfortable chair and reached towards the angel who was about to break down sooner or later.