lvl 62: sleep

Hana's POV

I wake up slowly and feel an aching pain in my head. I squint my eyes, holding my head as I try to readjust to the bright light. I notice that I'm back in a familiar place. I look around my bedroom and notice all of my decorations and my desk where my bullet journal was last placed.

Where is everyone?

I slowly get up from my bed and walk over to my bathroom, half-awake. I look in the mirror and see my reflection. I slap my face to wake myself up and brush my teeth. I wash my hands and splash some cold water on my face until I pause.

Wait... Running water?

I look down at my arm and notice my bite mark is gone.

Wait... Was it all just a dream?

My eyes grow wide once I realize. I immediately rush out of the bathroom and see my phone on my bedside table. Shocked, I run towards the window to look outside. I see people and cars occupying the streets as they move in a rush to get to their destinations. I cover my mouth in awe.

Was it really just a dream?

I back away from the window as I try to comprehend everything. My journal immediately pops into my brain. I remember documenting everything in my journal. If this is real, the entries would not be in the journal. I speed to my desk and open my bullet journal on my desk, right where I left it. I open it and vigorously flip through the pages. I don't see any entries about the zombie apocalypse or Hyunjin or JYP or anyone else I met along the way.

I sigh and close my book, running my fingers through my hair in shock. The dream felt so real. Without knowing, I was breathing heavily and my heart was racing. Sana bursts through the door in alert.

"Hana? Are you okay?" She notices my pale, anxious face. My sister immediately hugs me and holds me in her arms. "What happened?"

"How long have I been sleeping?" I ask, trying to calm down.

"I don't know, you have been asleep since last night when Seungmin, Jeongin, and Chan came over," Sana says. Chan!

"Wait, Chan is alive?!" I question which worries Sana.

"What do you mean? He has always been alive, Hana," Sana simply says, acting like I'm crazy.

Did I really dream everything that happened?

"Maybe that story you're writing has really gotten to your head," Sana giggles and hugs me tighter.

"Story?" I ask in confusion.

"Did you hit your head, Hana?" Sana pats my head.

"I don't think so," I say, lost in my maze of memories. I shake my head. "What do you mean by story?"

"That story you have been obsessed with creating. It's a story about a zombie apocalypse and how a group of friends survive in one. You don't remember?" Sana tilts her head, concerned.

So it was all a dream?

"I was... I was just testing you," I stutter, acting as if nothing weird happened. Sana giggles at me.

"I need to find you a boyfriend. Being too invested in that book is not good for your health," Sana comments. Boyfriend? Hyunjin!

"Do you know a boy named Hwang Hyunjin?" I question, anxiously.

"Hwang Hyunjin?" Sana repeats thoughtfully. "No, doesn't ring a bell," I sigh in disappointment.

Hyunjin isn't real. Felix isn't real. Wonpil isn't real. No one was real. It was all a dream. A dream influenced by the fantasy I was imagining.