lvl 33: stars

Seungmin's POV

"Yeji could be hurt out there," I argue with Sungjin who refuses to let me leave the cabin.

"Look, she's definitely with Young K. Nothing bad could or would happen to her," Sungjin says to try and calm me down but I still feel a burning pain in my chest telling me something is off.

"How are we going to reunite with the rest of the group?" Jeongyeon questions and thinks in her head as she stares out the window.

"We have to wait for the herd to pass before leaving the cabin," Chaeyoung sighs and sits down next to Jeongyeon on the couch. "It's too dangerous to be out there."

"How long do we wait?" I ask, feeling uneasy. "We can't be locked up in here forever."

"Don't worry, Seungmin," Jeongin tries to comfort me and pats my back. I sigh and nod as I recollect myself.

"If we don't get word from them in the next two days, we'll go and find them," Sungjin concludes.

Hana's POV

"We should split up," I say but Felix gives me a nervous face when I say that. "If this blood is from one of our people and they got badly injured, I have to go help them," I look up and notice the sun falling quickly.

"You can't go by yourself," Felix says.

"I'll go," Hyunjin says and looks at me. "We will be safer that way. Two and two," He says.

"It's getting dark soon. Are you sure you want to split up right now? It could be dangerous," Wonpil says.

"We'll be fine," I try to assure them. Felix still has doubt written on his face. "We're zombie humans. We can handle ourselves," I stare at Felix who changes his expression after I say that. His face softens.

"Zombie humans?" Felix questions. I shrug. "We need to figure out a better name."

"So can I go continue following the trail?" I ask with a pout. Felix sighs.

"If I don't hear from you guys after we find the others, I'm hunting for you both," Felix says. I nod and look at Hyunjin who looks nervous yet determined.

After saying goodbye, Hyunjin and I head into the dark forest. We both zip through the tree to find the scent again but only smell little doses. There is no more blood on the ground after the ditch which means that they were either carried or reanimated. I hope it is the first one and deeper we travel into the forest.

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. We have only progressed a little and are now stuck at a dead end. I sigh as I look around the dark forest. Hyunjin zips over to me and notices how upset I am.

"Hey, hey," Hyunjin tries to calm me down and holds my hands that were on my head before. "Don't stress about it. We'll find them," I nod but tense up when I hear a crack and low grunts.

I look at Hyunjin and he thinks quickly. He pointed up at the tree in front of us and we both started climbing up the tree. Once we make it up top, we rest on one of the thick branches and see zombies coming down towards us.

Hyunjin holds me close and covers my mouth gently. The zombies don't see us and continue walking through the woods. Hyunjin releases his hand from my face which makes me smile a little. I look at him and blush at how smart he is. Hyunjin slowly looks over at me and tilts his head curiously.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hyunjin asks which makes me embarrassed.

"You're one of the smartest people I've met," I grin after saying that which makes Hyunjin act shy.

I look out and notice that we can see above the trees up here. I turn to the night sky and see the awakening of the stars. I smile and realize how calm I am now that Hyunjin is here with me. I look back at him and notice him staring at me now.

"What?" I ask him.

"You're just beautiful," Hyunjin continues staring at me which makes my heart shake. I lean towards him and he kisses me passionately. I smile when we let go of the kiss.

"Thank you for coming with me," I say and look down at my hands as I get shy. Hyunjin tugs on my sweater which makes me look up at him again.

"Thank you for everything," He says and pulls me gently in his arms. He wraps his arms around mine and we both stare up at the night sky on top of the tree.

"Who do you think we're trying to find?" I ask him and suddenly feel Hyunjin's body tense up a little. I think he's thinking about his sister.

"I don't know," He says which makes me question his response.

"You're lying to me," I say. I slowly remove myself from Hyunjin's arms and turn around to face him. I tilt my head as I wait for Hyunjin's real thoughts.

"How do you know I'm lying?" He first asks me.

"I should know," I give myself the entitlement. "I'm your..," I stutter and feel my cheeks burn up. Hyunjin smiles at me and holds my hand gently.

Hyunjin's cute face scrunches up as he reacts to my cuteness

Hyunjin's cute face scrunches up as he reacts to my cuteness. I kiss his cheek immediately to try and calm myself down. Hyunjin's eyes grow wide in shock and embarrassment.

"What was that for?" He asks me and rubs his face in disgust.

"Why are you rubbing your face?" I argue. "Rub your lips too then since you kissed me," I tease. Hyunjin chuckles at me. I try to stay on topic. "I'm serious Hyunjin. I told you, you can trust me with anything."

"Fine," Hyunjin nods. "The scent smells like my sister's."

"Do you think she's still alive?" I question which I notice makes Hyunjin uncomfortable. "You're doubting it," I read his mind, and Hyunjin nods guiltily. I sigh and look up at the sky. "You know, I remember us having this exact same talk when we first met," I say.

"When I first really opened up to someone," Hyunjin adds on. "When I realized I liked you," I smile at Hyunjin and giggle a little.

"You have to have hope," I tell him. "I remembered the Hyunjin who was determined to find his sister right after we found that train."

"That felt like ages ago."

"Hyunjin, we'll find her," I put my hand on his shoulder. Hyunjin gives me that stare again that makes me melt.

"Did I tell you how much I..," Hyunjin becomes flustered which makes me smile.

"I love you," I say first and Hyunjin's eyes grow wide in shock.

"How do you understand me so well? There is no one like you, Hana," Hyunjin says to me and kisses me again. "I love you."[stay together,

you and i]