lvl 43: speechless

Hana's POV

We found an abandoned car and got it to run. I sit in the back seat with Hyunjin by my side while Woojin drives with Sungjin in the passenger seat. Yeji is beside Hyunjin. I sigh as I hold Hyunjin's hand in mine and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Why did you guys all breakdown back there?" Sungjin asks. I did not fully understand why we all collapsed like that. I think back to who was affected.

"I don't know," Yeji says in a confused voice. I lift my head from Hyunjin's shoulder with a stunned look.

"I would think that it is because we're immune but..," I look at Yeji who looks back at me with a blank face. "You're not immune."

"I don't think I am," Yeji shrugs.

"How do you know if you're immune, first of all?" Woojin asks. We hear a chuckle from behind us and see Felix and Wonpil laughing in the back of the car.

"Why are you two laughing?" Hyunjin asks. They both stop to try to compose themselves.

"Even though this is a very serious question, getting bit is how you know if you're immune," Felix says and then him and Wonpil start laughing again. We all roll our eyes and smile at them. At least they're laughing during an apocalypse.

"What if Yeji is immune?" I think out loud. I look at Hyunjin who is equally confused.

"Is being immune hereditary?" I question. "That would mean that Sana is also immune, if we were to consider that it is through genes."

"Immunity through genes is too simple," Seungmin butts into the conversation who is also seated in the back with Felix and Wonpil with Chaeyoung by his side. "What if it is natural selection?"

"That's a meme. Don't say that," I shut him down and everyone starts laughing.

Young K's POV

I sneak through a back hallway and start hearing familiar voices in the distance. I walk slowly and crouch a little as I hear guns fire around me. Suddenly, Changbin and Jisung jump up in front of me which almost gives me a heart attack. I step back a little to catch my breath but then notice that they are both shaking with fear. I look at Jisung's watery eyes and the frown on his face and sigh. Changbin is holding Sana in his arms, wedding style. My eyes grow wide and I immediately take her out of his arms and into mine.

"What happened?" I ask and try to find her pulse by feeling her neck with my fingers.

Both of the boys do not answer and just stand there staring at me with stunned faces. I see how scared they look and start to pity them. I notice that Sana is bleeding in her right shoulder and see that it is a bullet wound. Another gunshot is fired nearby. We all duck as a reflex as I clutch onto Sana.

"We need to go," I say and then lead the way out with Sana in my arms and the boys behind me.

Ryujin's POV

It sucks to hear silence. I thought I would like not being bothered by noises when I go to sleep at night now but no. I'm scared to death now. I can't sleep. I think I'm going crazy. When will my hearing come back? I have felt really lonely. Maybe it's because I haven't been with Yeji. Maybe it's because Changbin left to get his friends. I feel powerless now.

I sit at the piano silently as I stare at the black and white keys. I let out a sigh and then looked around to see the rest of the group doing their own thing. I feel a tap on my shoulder and look to my left to see Jihyo. I move over to give her room to sit on the piano seat. She sends me a warm smile as she sits next to me. She takes the notepad on the piano that I am using and writes down something.

"How are you feeling?"

"I could be doing better. I can't hear, so it sucks."

She laughs at my response and then writes again.

"Dinner is ready."

I nod but as she gets up, I hold her arm gently. She looks back down at me and sits down again. I write on the notepad.

"I'm gonna get fresh air outside, is that okay?"

I observe her hesitant face as she finishes reading my message. She looks at me with indecisive eyes. Jihyo finally gives in and nods. I smile and nod at her as a thank you. She gets up and leaves me. I look out the window and notice that the sun is now setting and the sky is a pinkish purple now.

I get up slowly and grab a gun that is in my brother's duffel bang and stick it in my back pocket. Once the fresh air hits my face, I close my eyes and let out a sigh of relief. I smile softly and look up at the ethereal sky.

Suddenly, someone shakes my body as they hold my arms. I see Yeji in front of me with a scared look on her face. The rest of the group who left is behind her with shock reactions. The ones from inside the music store are outside as well.

I look at my arm and see the gun in my hand. I am holding it to my head. Yeji steps back from me and I could tell she is yelling my name to stop. I drop the gun and fall to the ground. Yeji catches me and holds me close to her. What did I almost do?

[whirling around the rim of my ear,

can't hear my voices]

a/n: sorry i have been MIA guys, its just been school. since there is online school now, i have more time to update!!!!! MISSED WRITING AND SEEING UR GUYS COMMENTS <3333