lvl 8: darkness

An hour or two later, the train comes to a sudden stop in the middle of nowhere

An hour or two later, the train comes to a sudden stop in the middle of nowhere. I return to the car with everyone else who were equally confused. I notice some of them waking up when Chan enters the car and sighs as he shakes his head.

"We ran out of diesel," Chan informs us.

"What are we going to do, it's pitch black outside," Ryujin states as she starts to stretch.

"Let's just stay on the train. Make sure all the doors are closed so the monsters don't get in," Chan says. "Everyone should stay in one car," I look over at an uneasy Sana and walk over to wrap my arms around her.

"Woojin and I will take the night watch. You guys can go back to sleep," Chan smiles.

I sigh when Chan exits the car and looks around the room. I notice some people are missing and realize it's Hyunjin. My eyes fall on Yeji who is cuddled up next to Ryujin.

"Yeji," I whisper across the car, trying not to wake up anyone. Yeji looks up at me. "Where's Hyunjin?"

Yeji shrugs and I sigh as I look back at Sana. She looks at me with a scared face and I give her a small smile and turn to Seungmin.

"I'll watch her," Seungmin smiles at me. I pat his head and get up to exit the car.

I grab my flashlight and a knife from my backpack and turn on the flashlight to light up the dim room. I open the next car door and sigh as I walk slowly through each railcar.

"Hyunjin?" I call and then wave the flashlight around the room.

I sigh when I open the door to enter the next car. I stare at the pitch black darkness and shine my light again to illuminate the room. I start to walk comfortably until I feel a grab at my wrist and then turn and flash the light to see if it was a dead one. My heart beats fast and rapidly until I see a familiar and healthy face. I sigh and pant as I try to catch my breath. Hyunjin starts laughing at me and I playfully hit him while holding my chest so my heartbeat would slow down.

"Jerk," I say and hit him. Hyunjin stops laughing and gives me an annoyed look.

"You're the one who woke me up while I was sleeping," Hyunjin says.

"The train stopped if you didn't notice," I say and then sigh. "Get back to the main car. We should all stick together until dawn."

I fix my hunched posture and walk over to the door I entered until Hyunjin stops me by pulling my arm back. I turn my head, about to hit Hyunjin again but see his pleading eyes.

"Stay with me," Hyunjin says. I raise my eyebrow.

"What?" I ask.

"Nevermind," Hyunjin scoffs and lets go of my arm. I watch him as he sits back down on the floor in silence.

I shine the light on him and sigh as I look back at the door. I hesitate to leave. The group might worry but Hyunjin wants me to stay. My heart pushes me to walk over to Hyunjin and slide down next to him.

"What's up?" I let out a big breath and look over at Hyunjin. Hyunjin sits in silence for a few seconds before answering.

"You know you're the first person I opened up to since I met Changbin and Jisung," I smile at his statement as I feel my heartbeat faster in a good way.

"Is that a big deal?" I ask, trying to pretend I wasn't aware of its importance.

"No," Hyunjin smiles. "I just wanted to say it just because," He jokes and looks over at me who is silently laughing. "I'm sorry, I jumped to conclusions with you and Seungmin. It wasn't right for me to assume."

"No, it wasn't," I say but then tilt my head. "But, you're forgiven. You seemed pretty jealous," I giggle. Hyunjin punches me softly.

"No, I just... misread the situation," Hyunjin lies and looks around the room. I laugh hysterically. "Your diary," I look at Hyunjin with my eyebrows raised. "What did you write in it yesterday?" I smile and look away from Hyunjin.

"It's a secret," I say.

"Would you be mad if I stole it from you and read it?"

"Very," Hyunjin starts laughing and I look back at him in suspicion.

"Would you talk to me ever again?" I shrug in pettiness which makes Hyunjin laugh again.

"Then I won't steal it," Hyunjin says which makes me blush. I pause in thought and stay silent for a while until I speak again.

"You're so two-sided," I let out a breath as I stare off into the darkness. I readjust my position and cross my sprawled out legs in from of me.

"What do you mean two-sided?" Hyunjin tilts his head.

"You play off this jerk and bad boy persona when you're really a sweet guy," I look back at Hyunjin. "Why?" Hyunjin diverts his eyes onto the darkness.

"I guess I can't trust people that often,"

"You trust me?" I ask with a curious face.

I turn to meet Hyunjin's eyes and feel a wave of warmth yet I shiver. I feel my heart racing. Hyunjin stares at me intently. I stare into his eyes and start feeling my heart beat rapidly. He leans in towards my face, making me feel like I'm having a heart attack.

Before anything else happens, the door opens and we both turn to see Changbin and Jisung. My eyes turn to Changbin and I feel a weight drop in my stomach. At that moment, I felt speechless. Changbin looked disappointed.

"Hey, the group was just wondering where you two were," Jisung says the breaks the awkward silence. I get up quickly and dust myself off.

"Yeah, we were just talking," I say shyly and quickly walk past the two as I exit..

I could feel my heart racing and my face burning as I continue to walk towards the main railcar as fast as I could.

[you're being tormented

by something complicated]

JISUNG'S POV
"Changbin c'mon let's go, we found him," I say, trying to dodge a moment that they will both regret. I try pulling Changbin back softly but he brushes me away.

"What were you two going to do?" Changbin interrogates Hyunjin.

I stand and stare as I watch Changbin clench his fists. I try to hold Changbin's arm back and take him out of the car but he wouldn't budge.

"We were just talking," Hyunjin tells him. "Don't worry about it man." Hyunjin stands up and leaves before anything else could happen. I finally let out a breath of stress and see Changbin standing still.

"Changbin, don't let this come between you guys," I tell him and pat his shoulder. Changbin turns around slowly and nods.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Changbin says with a cold tone and walks past me and leaves the car.

A/N

sorry for the late posts, i was working more on my other story, Underrated.

hope yall liked this chapter it was cute