lvl 52: beacon

Young K enters the cabin, holding Woojin in his arms, and places him on one of the beds. He is followed by Wonpil who is carrying Mina. I get up to see the commotion as do Felix, Hyunjin, and Jae.

"What happened to them?" Jae asks.

"We were attacked by JYP's men," Wonpil says and places Mina gently on the bed beside Woojin. "Please help them."

"Oh my gosh," I gasp as I see how injured the two are.

"How's everyone else?" Hyunjin asks and I know he is the most concerned about his sister. Wonpil grows quiet which makes Hyunjin more anxious and impatient for an answer. "Wonpil!" He yells. I hold Hyunjin back and try to calm him down.

"They took her," Wonpil says in a small voice. Hyunjin starts breathing heavily and I try to make him focus on me.

"What do you mean they took her?" Young K asks, equally as concerned as Hyunjin.

"She was next to Chaeyoung and then they three a grenade. That's how Woojin and Mina got badly hurt. The next thing we knew was that they were gone with Yeji," Wonpil explains. The rest of the group enters the room after waking from their slumber.

"Oh my gosh, Woojin!" Seungmin exclaims and tries to stay still.

"Mina's leg," Tzuyu covers her mouth and sees that it is badly injured.

"I need medicine. Lot of it," Jae says.

"We can scavenge for some," Jeongin says and looks over at Tzuyu who nods in agreement.

"Guys, who's watching the two hostages?" Changbin questions. We look over at Young K who is still in the room. He runs out and curses when he sees the two men are gone from their places.

"Be careful. They could still be around," Jisung mentions, scanning the area.

"No, they're pretty scared of what we're capable of. They probably ran off," Young K kicks the dirt in frustration. "Wonpil, who is going after Yeji?" He asks and Wonpil sighs, glancing at Changbin.

"Ryujin, Momo, and Chaeyoung," Wonpil reveals. Changbin cracks his neck in disapproval.

"When will we be free from JYP's clutch?" Jisung shakes his head.

"We have to go after them," Changbin states.

"I'm coming too," Seungmin interrupts. "Chaeyoung is out there too."

"I'm going," Hyunjin raises his hand. I look at him and see how determined he is. "I can't lose her again," I think a little and look at Felix with an uneasy face. He has a doubtful look as well.

"JYP took Yeji for a reason. She's immune," I reveal.

"I thought he wanted you," Jeongyeon says.

"Maybe I could cure others but what if Yeji is the one who can give others zombie powers?" I say. I look at Hyunjin. "When I cured Hyunjin, he became a halfie like us. Maybe it's because he is related to his sister. Sana is not a halfie but is cured."

"You weren't the one they wanted, but you are the one who can cure everyone," Felix says. I nod.

"JYP is going to use Yeji's blood to become like one of us," Wonpil says.

"We have to stop him," Tzuyu says.

"For real this time," Hyunjin says.

[one more step,

i will never stop]

Jeongin and Tzuyu leave to go scavenge for medicine. Jae continues to heal Woojin and Mina while watching Sana regain strength. Hyunjin, Jisung, Changbin, Young K, Wonpil, and Seungmin left to rescue Yeji and backup Momo, Chaeyoung, and Ryujin. Felix and I brought everyone from the music store to the cabin so that they are safe.

"Jihyo!" Jeongyeon exclaims and hugs her tight. "Where's Nayeon? It's been a long time since I smacked her butt," Jihyo doesn't laugh with Jeongyeon but grows quiet. Jeongyeon stops laughing and realizes Nayeon is gone. She covers her mouth and tears up. Jihyo embraces Jeongyeon to comfort her. I sigh as I watch them together. I know what that pain is like. I think back to Chan and sigh.

"Dahyun?" Sana calls out from her bedroom and I look over to see Dahyun waving at Sana as she enters her room.

"Are you okay?" Dahyun asks. Sana smiles.

"I'm so glad to see you!" She grins and hugs her. I smile and see Sungjin and Jae speaking to each other.

Everyone is almost together. Our family is almost complete. We just have to get everyone who left back home safely.

Yeji's POV

I wake up in a well-lit, white room that smelled like rubbing alcohol and rubber. I notice I am lying down and try to get up but can't. I squirm as I try to move and notice that I am restrained to an operating table.

I start to panic as I look around the unfamiliar room. I feel my heart pounding fast and notice that I am hooked onto a heart monitor.

"Look who's awake," I hear a voice and know exactly who it is.

I freeze and stop moving around. I don't see any windows in the room and can only spot security cameras in the corners of the room. I glare at the cameras.

"I don't want you to be scared, Hwang Yeji," He says. "You shouldn't be. You are going to be apart of an amazing cause. An amazing discovery."

"What do you want?" I snarl.

"I want your blood, Yeji," JYP simply says. "Your blood is a gift."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"You see, you might not know this but you're immune. Just like your friends, Hana and Felix," JYP explains. "You are immune as well even if you haven't activated your powers through a zombie bite. What makes your blood different from Hana's or Felix's is you have the power to pass on the supernatural abilities you and your friends have."

"So? What are you going to do with it? Make yourself stronger? Create an army?" Yeji asks.

"Bingo, Yeji. I want to build an army that is indestructible enough to protect my people from herds of zombies," JYP says. "Imagine if one day, all of this mess of a zombie apocalypse we have here, could all vanish. All that could happen through your blood. Your name would be in history books. You will be remembered as an altruistic hero. You have the power to save the world," I squirm on the table and sigh as I think. Could I really cure this disease? Should I believe JYP?

a/n

what do yall think?

should yeji and perhaps Hana sacrifice themselves to potentially save humanity?

Do yall believe JYP?

please give me ur predictions, i like hearing what you guys think:)