lvl 6: loyalty

Changbin knocks on the door first and listens for any footsteps. After hearing no response, he opens the unlocked door and lets go of your hand to look around. Hyunjin looks down at your hand and you look at him with a caring look. He nods and lets go as well as he goes to look for any clues of their sisters. I sigh and look around the living room. I notice some pictures are missing from the clean and polished spot it once was placed compared to the dust around it. I come across a picture of Changbin and his dad hunting together and smile. He looked so happy.

I hear something drop downstairs and jump. I stop observing the photo and walk over to the door of the basement. I slowly turn the doorknob and take a flashlight out of my backpack to light up the basement. I breathe heavily out of fear and slowly creak down the steps. I try to hear for any sounds of the dead but don't hear any groan or shuffled feet.

When I make it to the last step, a gun is pointed at my head which scares me and makes me breathe hard. The flashlight is taken out of my hand and I sigh as I try to speak.

"Who are you?" The feminine asks me with a threatening voice.

"I'm with your brothers," I say calmly. The gun is then put down slowly and all I could hear was utter silence.

Two girls emerge out of the shadows of the basement. They both look scared and hungry. I could tell they haven't been outside in days by their clean clothes yet worn out look they wear on their face. I turn around when I hear the door open and see Changbin and Hyunjin run down the stairs when they see me talking to their sisters.

"Hyunjin!"

"Yeji!"

"Changbin!"

"Ryujin!"

The two brothers embrace their sisters making me tear up and smile as they reconnect. As they are all reuniting, I look around the basement to see sleeping bags and opened cans of food, and empty bottles of water. How could they survive down here it's so cold?

"How did you get here so fast from Seoul?" Yeji asks. I turn back around to see their bright faces after seeing their brothers again.

"We found a train and got it to work and headed straight here," Hyunjin states.

"We thought you guys died," Ryujin says. Changbin frowns and shakes his head.

"You thought WE died?" Changbin mocks. "The best hunter in town?"

"Shut up! Who are you trying to impress?"

Ryujin teases and looks over at me and I quickly look away. Hyunjin looks at me and sighs as his face turns red but not because of embarrassment. Changbin blushes and hits his sister playfully to stop.

"How did you meet her?" Yeji asks.

"She helped us the day after this whole thing started," Changbin explains. "She saved Hyunjin," I blush and look at the ground until Yeji hugs me. I am shocked that she hugged me so randomly. I hug her back and smile as Hyunjin stares at me.

"Thank you," Yeji says while hugging me. I nod and let go of the embrace.

"I'm Hana," I introduce myself. "We should regroup with the others. Tell them we found you guys."

We all exit the house safely with some supplies and weapons from the armory they have in their house. We all head towards the other houses nearby to find Woojin and the others. I enter a house with Yeji and Hyunjin and look through the window for any monsters.

"Why does this neighborhood look so clean and untouched?" I whisper while checking out the house.

"Most of the people evacuated before the disease spread here. We decided to stay in case, you guys came to find us," Yeji says. I smile and then open the front door slowly.

All of a sudden, a zombie charges at me and tackles me to the floor. I struggle to overthrow the monster as it continuously tries to bite my face. Hyunjin hits it with a bat and starts bashing its hit. I breathe heavily as Yeji helps me up. When Hyunjin finishes the zombie off, he turns to look at me.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asks.

"Define okay," I try to catch my breath.

"You didn't get bit?" Hyunjin rewords. I shake my head.

"They're not in this house," I state. "We should hurry in case that happens again."

We all leave the house immediately and look around for the rest of the group.

"We should go back to the train and wait for them," Changbin says and appears with his sister.

"I still need to look for them," I refuse and step back.

"Hana, you almost got killed back there," Yeji says.

"What if they almost get killed too?" I ask.

"I'm coming with you," Hyunjin insists. I look over at Yeji who nods at me. I sigh and nod at the rest of the group who turns and leaves to get back to the train.

"They're probably okay," Hyunjin says. I sigh as we walk down the streets together.

"And if they're not, I'll be sad that I didn't try to find them," I say.

"They're strong and smart," Hyunjin says. I don't answer and continue to try to find a sound through the houses nearby. "Do you want to find them because Seungmin is your boyfriend?" My eyes widen after Hyunjin's words and I stop walking.

[this down mood,

it doesn't fit]

a/n

lol i just wanted to thank everyone who is reading this book, i didnt think it would get views and i also really like writing this book so thank you for helping me continue :)))))))