lvl 29: healer

Wonpil and I open the gates to let the van through. Wonpil locks the entrance while I run over to the van to see if my friends are okay. I see Momo in the driver's seat who looks out of breath when she exits the car. When she meets eyes with me, her face is distraught. I could feel something bad has happened and my adrenaline disappears.

I open the van door and see a sleeping Hyunjin in Felix's arms and cover my mouth. All of a sudden, everyone makes their way downstairs and to the parking lot to check on the group that has returned. I help Hyunjin out of the car with Felix's help.

"What happened to him?" Yeji asks, her voice is very fragile and afraid. Sana holds Yeji's hand as they follow Felix and me into an empty motel room to put Hyunjin in.

"Don't tell me he's been..," Jisung's voice trails off once he sees the bite on his arm. He covers his mouth in shock.

"How did this happen?" Changbin asks in an angered tone. I comb Hyunjin's face and a tear falls down my cheek as I stare at his beautiful, pale face.

"I can help him," Jae entered the room and we all looked up at him. "I did it for Wonpil.

"Wonpil's bit too!" Woojin questions.

"He's immune," I reveal in between my sniffles. "We don't know if Hyunjin is."

"Help him, please!" Changbin begs Jae and he nods.

"I need some space," Jae says and everyone exits the room except for me, Changbin, Jisung, Yeji, and Woojin.

As we watch Jae try and help Hyunjin, we sit quietly as we bite our nails in fear. I notice Felix praying. Yeji cries silently which makes me take her hand in mine and hold her tight. Jisung looks very worried and Changbin looks determined that he should live. I sigh in fear and try not to cry.

"Do you think he's immune to it?" Yeji mutters and I place my head on her's.

"Hopefully," I say. "I don't even know what makes a person immune."

"What makes someone immune?" Felix asks. "Is it our blood type?"

"What's yours?" I ask.

"AB positive," Felix says.

"I'm B negative," I tell him and he frowns.

"It doesn't make sense, there has to be a reason," Changbin says.

"Hana," Jae calls me and I get up from the ground and head over to him. He is hovering over Hyunjin who is still asleep and takes out a needle. "Do you know Hyunjin's blood type?" I look back at Jisung and Changbin who are his best friends.

"B positive," Jisung answers. Jae looks at me in thought.

"What are you thinking?" I question and look at the syringe he is holding.

"You can give him a blood transfer," Jae says. "He's lost a lot of blood from the bite. I've sealed it up pretty well, I just need a blood transfer."

"Of course," I say and hold out my arm waiting for him to take my blood.

"Wait, if you put her blood in his body won't that make him worse?" Jisung asks and stands up.

"Is it because she's immune?" Jae asks. Jisung shrugs. "I think that her blood could save him."

He takes my blood and puts it into Hyunjin's veins. I sigh and Jae puts a bandaid on my shot mark. I look back at Felix and he nods to me to tell me it's okay. I nod and turn back to Hyunjin and hold his hand.

"You can't go yet," Tears fill my eyes as I stare at Hyunjin's unresponsive body.

[even if it's suffocating

i will never stop]

Felix's POV

"What do we need to get?" Hyunjin asks the group as he jumps out of the van.

"We should get water and medicine," Tzuyu says, getting out of the passenger side. We arrive at a nursing home for elderly people.

"Do you think any of these zombies will be capable of killing us since they're all old?" Momo asks which makes us all laugh.

"I think they're stronger now that they're flesh-eating monsters, Mo," Mina pats Momo's back.

Hyunjin, Momo, and I lure the zombies outside and kill them to clear out the area better while Tzuyu and Mina scavenge the medicine. After killing the zombies outside, we enter the center and help gather supplies.

Hyunjin enters one of the rooms and sees what he thinks is a dead zombie on the floor but is then bitten on the arm by it. We all hear Hyunjin shoot his gun to kill the monster and rush to the room he is in.

We find him on the floor of the room, posted up on the wall while holding his arm in pain. I kneel down and quickly help him onto the empty bed in the room.

"Tzuyu, get him painkillers, anything!" I order her and she runs out and brings back pills. "Take these," I tell Hyunjin and he swallows all the pills.

"We have to take him back!" Momo says.

"Right. We have to go," I look outside the window and see that it's getting dark.

Hana's POV

I stay by Hyunjin's side the whole time as I wait for him to wake up. The rest of the group left the room to tend to their chores around the base. Jae stayed with me to aid Hyunjin.

"What if my blood does help him? Does that mean that there could be a cure for this apocalypse?" I ask as Jae sits at the desk in the room. He spins around to face me and sighs.

"I don't know how you, Felix, and Wonpil are immune but if Hyunjin is saved because of you then there could be a cure if you are bitten," Jae tries to conclude. "But if you are already fully animated into a zombie, I don't think your blood will help," I nod and look at Hyunjin's face.

"The ones who are immune are rare, right?" I ask.

"I would think so. I need to test you guys if you don't mind. I know that being immune should be kept secret but we have to understand what being immune means for you, Felix, and Wonpil," Jae explains.

"I trust you," I say. "We can do that."

"There must be something connecting you three. Almost the whole planet is infected now so there must be a decent amount of immunes still out there," Jae says. "I just don't understand what makes you guys immune to the bite."

Suddenly, Hyunjin starts shaking like he's having a seizure. I immediately get up from the bed and Jae runs over to check on Hyunjin. I hold him down as my eyes well up with tears in fear.