lvl 38: backward

Jisung's POV

We all wait as Jae examines Hyunjin. It has been about an hour since we found him in the street, screaming at something that wasn't there. It scared me. I've never seen Hyunjin like this before. He looked crazy like someone was possessing him. I get chills just thinking about his black eyes looking at me. I sigh in relief once Changbin puts his hand on my shoulder.

"He's gonna be okay," Changbin reassures me. I shrug and then continue to stare at one of the practice rooms Jae and Hyunjin are in.

"How is Ryujin?" I ask, remembering that she hasn't regained her hearing yet. We both look over at her. She is still seated at the piano but is sleeping this time.

"I think she's scared," Changbin says. I hear his voice crack a little and pat the seat next to me to invite him to sit down. He sits down next to me and sighs as he buries his face into his hand. "She hates feeling weak. She always wanted to be strong and unbreakable. If she can't hear again..," Changbin's voice trails off and he sighs. I see a tear fall down his cheek. I put my arm around Changbin.

"If she can't hear again then Ryujin will adapt like the strong and smart woman she is," I try to cheer Changbin up. "Plus, you get to finally rant about her without being scared of being killed in your sleep," Changbin laughs a little which makes me a little happy.

Jae exits with Hyunjin behind him and Changbin and I both stand up as if we are his parents meeting with the principal. Woojin walks up beside us to see what has happened. Jae sighs and then looks over at Hyunjin who looks worn out.

"Are you okay?" Changbin asks Hyunjin. He nods but looks disoriented. I tell him to sit down and he does as I ask.

"What's wrong with him?" Woojin asks, worriedly.

"I think it has to do with Hana's blood that was injected into his bloodstream," Jae says.

"You sound so smart," Words slip out of my mouth and I immediately cover my mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry, continue."

"When Hyunjin was bit, he lasted longer than most would after a bite," Jae says. "I don't know how, but he survived the bite after three hours which is rare. The blood transfer added onto his situation. Hyunjin was in a coma after being bit, correct?"

Jae looks over at Felix who has his back pressed against the wall. Although he is far from us, he still nods, eavesdropping with his heightened auditory senses. I look down at Hyunjin who can barely keep his eyes open.

"I have to find her," I hear him mumble. I get down on my knees to hear him better. "I have to find her."

"Find who?" I ask.

"Y/...Hana," He stutters. I look up at the Woojin, Changbin, and Jae. Changbin looks the most worried.

"What happened to her?" Changbin says in an urgent tone.

"She..," Hyunjin mumbles and tries to speak.

"Hyunjin, I think you need to rest for now," Jae stops him. "We'll find Hana."

"Hana is also half-monster, she can take care of herself wherever she is," Felix says after speeding over to us and interjecting into our conversation.

"No, you don't... You don't understand," Hyunjin struggles to speak, pausing in between words.

"What happened to Hana?" Changbin asks again. I can tell he will storm out of the store right now once he knows what happened.

"She was taken," Hyunjin mutters. As Changbin tries to leave, I pull him back.

"Changbin, it's not safe to go out there. It's getting dark soon," I tell him.

"What if she's hurt?" Changbin asks.

"Hyunjin already tried looking for her. Do you see him right now?" I try to reason with Changbin.

"Who's going to look for her?" Changbin questions and points towards the door. He rubs his face in frustration.

"I can," Felix volunteers. "I mean, I can handle myself out there. I just need to know where to go."

"We found Yeji..," Hyunjin says. I notice how sweaty he is.

"You're sweating a lot," Woojin says in worry. He walks over to Hyunjin and feels his forehead. "He's burning up."

"You need to get some rest, Hyunjin," Jae says and helps him up. "Felix will go find Hana. Rest now."

"Wait, where do I go to find her?" Felix asks. As Hyunjin is being guided by Woojin and Jae, Felix sighs in frustration and shakes his head. Changbin and I look at him with confused faces.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Hyunjin said JYP," Felix explains. I feel a tight pain in my chest when I heard that name. I look at Changbin, knowing he is feeling the same as me. "I don't want to go back there," Felix sighs and takes a seat. He buries his face into his hands. Changbin and I exchange looks as we watch Felix break down.

"Felix," Changbin says softly. "Are you okay?" I hear soft sniffles and feel my heart sink.

"Yeah," Felix says quietly.

"You can talk to us," Changbin says and rubs his back to comfort him. Felix lets go of his tears and turns to Changbin. He holds him tight as he cries in his arms.

"It's so hard," Felix starts crying. I scan the store to see if the others could hear him crying but notice they're all asleep. I rub Felix's back. "I miss him."

"Hey, I know it's hard," I say. "It has to be hard so that you can overcome it. He wouldn't want you to be scared of going back there though. He would want you to save Hana."

"Yeah, and if you're afraid you will break down, we'll have your back," We hear a voice and see Wonpil emerge from the darkness. Felix looks up from Changbin's chest and looks up at Wonpil. He smiles a little and nods.

"Thank you," Felix says.

[humming as i remember,

the memories with you]

Sana's POV

I wake up slowly as the bright sun shines through the glass windows of the music store. I squint my eyes as I look around the store and notice the girls still sleeping. I get up slowly and see Changbin and Jisung packing as if they're leaving.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask as I rub my dry eyes.

"Felix, Wonpil, Jisung, and I are going to find your sister," Changbin explains. My eyes widen in worry and surprise.

"My sister? Where is she?" I ask, I instantly feel awake after hearing about her.

"She's held captive at JYP," Jisung says. I feel a weight on my body and feel my nerves calm down. I sigh in devastation. It's my sister. She would go for me.

"I'm coming."