lvl 36: tense

Seungmin's POV

"He's not in his room," Jeongyeon returns after searching inside the cabin.

"He's not in the bathroom," Dowoon states.

"Sungjin wouldn't have abandoned us, right?" Jeongin asks with an uncertain tone.

"He would never. Sungjin is a good person," Dowoon defends him.

"Well, he couldn't have disappeared," Tzuyu says.

"Do you think he..," Chaeyoung looks over at me with fearful eyes. I shake my head from the thought.

"We have to go out there and find him," I sigh and look out the window.

As I stare out the window, I feel unsafe. I feel like something horrible happened to Sungjin. I grab some weapons from the supply we have. I pick up a pocket knife and a handgun. Chaeyoung shows up next to me and starts grabbing some armory as well. I look at her with a shocked expression.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm going with you," Chaeyoung says and puts two pistols in her back pockets. "We should hurry, the sun is setting soon. Tzuyu watches Chaeyoung with worry in her eyes.

"Chaeyoung, are you sure you will be fine?" Tzuyu asks before we leave. Chaeyoung smiles at her best friend and puts her hand on her shoulder.

"I'll be back, I promise," Chaeyoung reassures her. I watch, feeling pity for her.

"I'll protect her," I say, which stuns Chaeyoung. She blushes a little and looks the other way.

"Good luck, guys," Jeongyeon says.

"Don't die," Jeongin smiles nervously.

Felix's POV

"Do you ever have that pit feeling in your stomach? Like the one where you don't know what you want?" Wonpil asks me. I don't react but only think about how weird this guy is. "Maybe I'm just hungry," Wonpil has been talking to himself for the past hour. I sigh as we continue walking. "Hopefully, the next store we run across from is a food store," Wonpil rubs his tummy.

I pause in my steps when I see a building in the distance. I speed over with Wonpil following behind. The building looks untouched. I read the sign aloud.

"Ron's Music Store," I read. "Well, it looks like your wish did not come true," I glance at Wonpil and he pouts.

"Okay, let's keep walking," Wonpil says. I step away but stop after I faintly hear a guitar strumming. I try to listen closely and hear some piano playing.

"Wait," I stop Wonpil and he looks back at me with a confused face. "Do you hear that?" I ask him. Wonpil tries to hear clearly. His eyes widen and he smiles.

"That's Jae!" He exclaims.

"How do you know?" I ask him.

"Jae loves playing the guitar," Wonpil runs toward the music store and I follow behind him.

"Be careful! Wait!" I call after him, reminding him to be cautious. I peek through the windows of the store and see familiar faces. My face brightens up once I see Jisung. "It's them!" I exclaim. Wonpil looks over at me with a shocked reaction. "It's really them," I start to tear up a little.

"Are you crying?" Wonpil asks me. I look over at him and then realize my eyes are watery. I blink the tears away and sniffle.

"Uh, no," I lie.

"You are a softy on the inside," Wonpil smiles. I never knew I put on such a hard shell around others. "What are we waiting for?"

Wonpil bangs on the window lightly and Jisung jumps in fear. I started laughing at how scared Jisung was. He holds his chest as his heart beats fast. He looks at me and Wonpil which makes his eyes grow wide. Woojin looks at Jisung with a confused face and then looks over at us. He covers his mouth in surprise. Quickly, he removes the barricade from the doors of the store and lets us in. I jump into the arms of Woojin and he holds me tight. Wonpil runs inside and Jae sees him and sets down his guitar. They run into each other's arms and embrace one another.

[even if i'm not there,

ill stay by your side]

"Is everyone okay?" I ask after I greet everyone.

All of my friends become silent and glance at each other with undaring eyes. I tilt my head and look over at Sana. I notice most of their puffy faces. Sana sighs and looks around at her friends, waiting for someone to speak. She decides to speak first.

"Nayeon..,"

Her voice cracks a little and I stop her from finishing her sentence. I feel the emptiness in my stomach that Wonpil was talking about before. I sigh and notice how broken Jae looks.

"I... I'm sorry," I apologize. "If you guys need to cry, cry," I know how they're feeling right now. Wonpil notices how sympathetic I am towards the group.

"Felix," Woojin calls for me. "Can I talk to you?" I nod and get up from my chair and walk away with Woojin until we are far enough from the group. "We were attacked."

"I saw," I immediately answered. "Wonpil and I came across the accident. Did you see who fired at you?" Woojin shakes his head in distress.

"I'm nervous that we're still in danger," Woojin says. "I think it was JYP."

"If it was, how did he track you guys down?" I question.

Hana's POV

I lay my head on Hyunjin's lap inside the trailer. I look over and see Yeji asleep in the bed and Young K napping beside her. I smile at the sight of the two. I look up and see Hyunjin sleeping as well. His angelic eyes are closed as he sleeps sitting up. I sigh and slowly rise from my spot. I gently put my hand on Hyunjin's head and my other on his side and position him in a proper sleeping position. I put his head on the couch pillow and put a blanket over him.

The sight of him makes me genuinely smile. I kiss his forehead and look out the window. I take out my bullet journal from my backpack and start writing about my day.

Hyunjin's POV

I slowly open my eyes and realize I am lying down on the couch. Hana's body has left mine and I yawn as I struggle to keep one eye open. I stand up and see Young K and Yeji still sleeping. I look around the trailer for Hana but her disappearance makes my heart sink more and more. The more I look around, the more I find myself going crazy.

"Hyunjin?" I hear my name. Yeji has awakened. "What's wrong?"

"H...Hana is gone," I stutter.