lvl 12: sanctuary

Woojin decided to move us to an empty store nearby, so we wouldn't be waiting out in the open. I sit in a corner quietly as my anxiety kicks in. I rock myself back in forth as I stare off into space until a face appears in front of me with a smile.

"You okay?" He waves his hand in front of me as he smiles softly. He takes a seat in front of me as blinks my eyes a little.

"Do you think they'll be okay?" I ask. Changbin shrugs in front of me.

"I'm scared too," Changbin says, reminding me that his sister is also out there with them. "But they're a strong group." I nod slowly. "Your sister will be fine." Changbin smiles.

"I'm sorry," I say and try to relax."I should be more mindful since Ryujin is also risking her life."

"Be a little more optimistic." Changbin nudges my arm which makes me flinch. I pull my arm away and close to my chest. I look down at the bite on my wrist and sigh. Changbin frowns and sighs. "I'm sorry." He says and shakes his head.

"No, you're fine. I'm just... scared that I'll turn," I say slowly and then look up at Changbin again who's face falls.

"If you were going to turn, you should've already," Changbin says. I tilt my head in confusion. Changbin sigh and plays with his fingers. "My dad was visiting us the day of the outbreak. He got bit and I watched him turn. It only took... minutes." Changbin lets out a breath as he recalls back to that day. I sigh.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"It just shows that you won't turn." Changbin continues with his point as if talking about his dad was nothing. Yeji walks over to us slowly and sits down. I smile softly at Changbin before turning my head to Yeji.

"What's wrong Yeji?" I ask her.

"I need to talk to Changbin if that's okay," Her voice sounds tense.

I look at Changbin who nods at me. I smile and get up. I move around the store and look around. It's been raided and many supplies are gone.

"Hana," I hear my name and turn around to see Seungmin. He looks at my bite which makes me feel insecure again, I cover it with my hand and look away. "Are you okay?" He asks with a smooth tone.

"Don't worry about me, bud," I say and slowly look back at Seungmin.

"You should hide that," Seungmin says and points to my bite. "Someone might think you will turn and kill you." I nod and Seungmin grabs something from his bag. It's his sweatshirt. "Wear this, it'll cover your bite." I smile and nod as I take his sweatshirt.

"Thanks, Seungmin."

"Just looking after you," He pats my back and turns the corner.

After an hour passes by, I finish the last sentence of my journal entry and place my bullet journal back into my tan backpack. I get up when I hear the door of the store entrance. I look to see Sana and Chan. I smile brightly and hug them tight. The rest of the group behind me share the same emotion I feel. I let go of them and see the man and the other half of the group.

"It's safe," Chan nods. We all look back at each other and smile.

Once we arrive at the large building the man's group is staying in, he finally introduces himself to the rest of the group. He calls himself JYP. He won't give out any further details to his name but the place he is camping in is a hospital. It is filled with people and medics which is different from what our group has seen. The view of the scene is refreshing.

Hyunjin arrives by my side and I look up at him as he continues to look forward. I look back at JYP who is explaining to the rest of the group, what this place is. Suddenly, Hyunjin holds my hand which gives me goosebumps and causes my heart to beat fast.

"This is The Sanctuary. This is the safest place you will probably reside in, speaking of the world we live in today," JYP states. "I'll show you guys to your rooms. Our space is limited since we are still working on clearing out the area. It is perfectly safe on this floor and the second floor. Any floor higher has zombies lurking in them," JYP starts walking as we follow. "We have people who are brave to clear out the floors day by day. Our space, for now, is very limited, so you guys will have to share rooms. I only have four available as of right now," JYP smiles and then presents us with the empty hospital rooms. "Make yourselves at home," He leaves us.

The group decided to split up into three and one group of four. Felix, Minho, and Woojin are in one room, Chan, Seungmin, and Jeongin are together, and Jisung, Hyunjin, and Changbin share a room. Leaving, Sana and I with Yeji and Ryujin since we are all girls. We all enter our rooms which are already premade with a few mattresses, blankets, and clothes.

"This cannot be real," Yeji squeals. I smile at her and look over at Sana who is analyzing the room as well.

"It seems too perfect," Ryujin says in a monotone voice as she picks up a blanket. I shrug and sigh as I lay on the mattress and stare at the ceiling.

"We could finally be safe," Sana smiles and lays next to me. I feel happiness in the pit of my stomach when I hear my sister's voice of relief.

[i can't press down on my dreams,

even if my future is bleak]

I lay awake once daylight falls and my roommates have fallen asleep. I stare off into the darkness and sigh as I slowly get up from my mattress. I walk over to my bag and take out my journal and a flashlight. I sit on the floor and begin to write out about this magical place.

I am interrupted by a crash I hear from outside and quickly stand up and drop my journal. I look at my friends in the room to see them still sleeping and sigh. I step closer to the door and shake as I attempt to turn the knob. It's locked. I arch an eyebrow in confusion and try to open the door. I sigh and press my head to the door. I hear someone crying on the other side. It's a faint cry.

A/N

i dont plan on making a profile for JYP for reasons hehehe

for now