lvl 23: cautious

spoiler: there will be a character death so please no hate on them dying, u cant expect there to be an apocalypse without a character dying. i have no hate against any character who dies, this is just to enhance your experience and make the story more interesting.

"You haven't been sleeping, right?" Felix asks me. I shake my head. "From seeing what's up here, your brain thinks it's the undead so it's not feeling tired but your body is fighting the infection."

"Wait, how is that possible?" Dahyun asks.

We all look over at Dahyun and Momo who are unaware of my bite. I sigh and then pull up my sleeve to show the scar of the bite marks. They both gasp and cover their mouths.

"You're bit!" Momo exclaims.

"I've been bit for a while," I reply and then roll my sleeve back down to cover the scar. "I never changed into a zombie."

"You're immune?" Dahyun asks.

"I don't know," I say. "Felix, do you know why my body is doing that?" Felix sighs.

"Don't freak out," Felix lifts up his shirt to show bite marks on his left ab, our jaws drop.

"What the..," Changbin stutters.

"How long?" I question.

"How?" Hyunjin asks.

"I was handling one of the walkers a few days ago and they bit me. None of the workers noticed, thank God. If they did, they would've tried testing me," Felix explains. "I haven't changed either. I haven't been sleeping lately too."

"I've seen people change into one of those things. It only takes a couple of hours, why with you guys, the only thing that happens is you have insomnia?" Changbin asks.

"The lab coats said that they believe there is no cure yet but a way to slow down the infection," Felix says.

"And it's in our blood?" I question.

"I think so," Felix says."

"So why can't Hana sleep?" Hyunjin asks.

"If she sleeps for a long enough time, her body might turn into a monster because when we sleep, that's when we heal and rejuvenate," Felix explains. "Plus, our minds don't want us to sleep anyway, you haven't been tired since right?"

"Not really," I shrug.

"Felix, you're so smart," Dahyun compliments him and he smiles.

"You learn a lot from being up here," Felix says. "The lab coats should be back by now. What's happening?" The rest of the group looks at each other and smirks.

"Plan B," We all say.

[hide carefully,

i might find you]

Sana's POV

"Channie!"

I scream and then Chan turns around to make sure I am alright. We walk through the pitch-black as we try to find our way through the hallways. Chan looks at me with a worried face and I tilt my head to a hallway with light. He nods and heads in that direction.

"Where are they?" Chan says repeatedly.

We pass by a room with one of the monsters inside it. It bangs on the window excessively and starts growling. I flinch and jump into Chan's arms by accident. Chan catches me and then stares at the zombie silently. I look up slowly and notice Chan is looking at me which makes me blush. I stand back up and clear my throat as we continue on.

"Look!" I point and we see our friends in a room all standing around Hana. We both run over and knock on the glass window to get their attention.

Hana's POV

"Sana?" I get up from the ground and run over to the window as everyone else does.

"What are you guys doing here?" Changbin asks.

"We came to get you guys," Chan explains.

"Chan, the door is locked. You need to get the key at the receptionist counter," Felix tells him.

"Hurry," Dahyun says and they both nod and leave.

"Are you going to tell Chan about your bite?" I ask Felix. Felix looks down at where his bite is and sighs.

"I have to," Felix says.

We hear screams from outside and all turn back to the window in fear. Scanning the halls from the window, we see no sign of people.

"We have to get out of here," Momo says.

I look up and see a vent and immediately point at it. Hyunjin helps each one of us get up the shaft since he is the tallest leaving only him to be pulled up.

Felix reaches out his hand for him to jump up and grab. He attempts to jump up and grip his hand but fails. We all hear a door shut and freeze. Hyunjin looks up and puts his finger to his lips and ducks to hide under the window where he isn't visible.

Dahyun and Momo are already crawling to find the way out. I look down at Hyunjin hiding and hold my breath. We hear footsteps growing closer to the room. It stops and echoes through the vents.

"Where's the zombie in room 219?"

We hear and voice and I cover my mouth. Hyunjin pulls a knife from his boot and makes his way beside the door quietly. The door opens and one of the security guards with a gun appears. Hyunjin immediately covers his mouth and stabs his head. I let out a sigh. Felix, Changbin, and I jump out from the vent and follow Hyunjin out.

"Why are the guards here?" Hyunjin questions.

I hear a banging and look through the window of one of the rooms. My eyes widen in horror from what I see. I cover my mouth as a tear falls down my cheek. Everyone looks back at me and realizes what has happened.

"Chan..," I sob as his walking corpse continually gnaws at the window.

*hit*

*hit*

*hit*

*hit*

*hit*

Everything goes black.