lvl 49: tested

Wonpil's POV

Sungjin and I decide to tell everyone else about the tracker in Sungjin's head. Woojin and Jihyo decided that it would be best to keep guard around the music store and to have a rotary lookout in case there is an invasion. I volunteer to take the first watch and post myself out on the roof. I sit on a foldable chair with a shotgun beside me and stare at the horizon. I hear someone climbing the ladder and see Jihyo's head pop up. She heads over to me with lunch in her hand which is just instant ramen. I take it from her with gratitude.

"Thank you," I say.

"Of course," Jihyo says and then stares at the view and sighs. "Do you mind if I stay up here with you?" She asks me. I nod and she sits on the blanket I have beside me. "How are you feeling?"

"Feeling about what?" I ask as I stir my chopsticks in the ramen cup.

"Sungjin. I know you guys are close, so," Jihyo says. I pause before taking a bite out of my food and just stare at the noodles in the cup.

"I hope he won't be harmed," I sigh. "He's really worried that JYP will find us because of him. I don't want him to feel like a burden."

"How long have you two been friends?"

"We met in high schools and stuck together ever since. Sungjin is really into music and loves to sing. He was the music prodigy at our school basically. I met him through piano class and helped him with the keyboard," I explain and smile, thinking back to those good days. Jihyo smiles as well as she imagines how nice that must've been.

"You guys should perform something for us someday. Especially since we're in a music store," Jihyo teases and I laugh at her offer.

"No, it's been so long since we've played together," I say shyly. I take a bite of my ramen and decide to switch the conversation onto her. "What about you? What's your story?" Jihyo, alarmed by the sudden question, takes a moment before answering.

"I came from a middle-classed family and they wanted me to become an accountant. I went to college and that's where I met Dahyun, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon..," Her voice grows quiet when she says Nayeon's name. I clear my throat when I notice how awkward the atmosphere became.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Jihyo nods and then sighs as she looks out into the distance.

"She's in a better place, right? I mean, better than whatever this dump is," Jihyo says. Even though she seems fine, I can tell that she is still hurting. Jihyo decides to change the subject and her grim look turns into a smile. "I have a boyfriend."

"Who?" I ask.

"His name is Daniel," Jihyo smiles as she speaks. "He is somewhere out there. We weren't together when this whole thing happened. I plan to find him," I squirm in my seat a little. How does she know he is alive for sure? Although Jihyo looks confident that he is, I have my doubts.

"Where do you think he is?" I ask. Jihyo pulls a note out of her pocket and hands it to me. I unfold the worn down paper and read it.

"I'm alive, I'll be at our spot waiting with the rest of the gang. I promise.

-D"

I sigh and fold up the paper again. I hand it back to Jihyo and she tucks it back into the pocket of her jacket.

"How do you know for sure if he's out there, waiting?" I ask bluntly. She can tell that I am doubting his survival.

"In this type of world, Daniel is one of the few who would survive," Jihyo says confidently. "He's strong and is really into this zombie stuff. He's alive. I can feel it."

[Even if I have no faith,

I have to trust my self]

Hana's POV

"Young K told me about something he found at the Sanctuary when he stayed behind," Jae says. "It's better if he explains it," Jae calls him from outside and returns with Young K by his side. Young K sits across from us and sighs.

"JYP took notes on each one of you. On all of you, actually," Young K reveals. "He keeps these binders in a secret room and has information about all of you and your connections with one another. I only read Yeji's, Hyunjin's and Felix's. In Felix's it said that he was immune and had the same blood as Hana's... and Yeji's," I looked over at Hyunjin whose eyes grew wide in shock. Felix does the same.

"He knew what we were before we did. He knew He was already bit before we showed up," Hyunjin says. "How?"

"That's the part I've been wondering too," Young K asks.

"You don't recall him doing any tests on you right?" Jae asks.

"He locked us in our rooms at night," I remember. "I don't know how he could examine our blood like that though."

"Maybe he had cameras in our rooms," Felix says. "He might've tested me actually," Felix reveals. "When I was his servant, he asked for my blood and said that it would be used to save JB. I never knew what he did with it though."

"Wait, Young K, you said that Felix has the same blood as Hana and my sister. That means she's immune?" Hyunjin asks. Young K nods.

"What about Hyunjin?" Jae questions. "You read Hyunjin's files. What did it say?"

"It said that he was not immune," Young K says and I feel my heart drop. I look at Hyunjin who looks broken inside.

"How did Hyunjin inherit the powers then?" I ask.

"He probably inherited them from your blood when you saved him," Jae explains.

"That's too easy then. That would mean Sana would inherit my powers too," I say.

"Maybe," Jae says.

A groan is heard from the sofa Sana is resting on. I stand up and run over to her as does everyone else. Sana's eyes slowly open and she rises slowly. Her eyes are very human and very healthy. She looks malnourished still though.

"Sana!" I exclaim and embrace her. "You're back."

"How? What happened?" Sana asks wearily.

"I healed you with my blood," I say.

"My head hurts," Sana says.

"Just continue resting," I say and she lays her head on the pillow. "Why is she so weak? She should be strong."

"I don't think she obtained your powers," Jae says.

We hear screams from outside and gunshots being fired. I look out the window and see Jeongyeon hiding behind a tree in fear.

"What's happening?" Sana asks worriedly.

"Stay inside, I think we've been found," I say with fear and look at Felix and Hyunjin. I feel the tracker in my head and sigh.

a/n

hey yall, happy easter if ur reading this on easter!!!!