lvl 3: new people

"You're telling me that we are already a day in of a zombie apocalypse and you already have a train?" Chan questions

"One of our guys owns the train," Jisung says. Our eyes widen. "Just kidding, our guys found it while scavenging," Jisung starts laughing. The tense air is lifted by Jisung's joke which makes everyone smile.

"We need help getting it to start," Changbin states. "Are any of you guys really good with mechanics?"

"I'm good at fixing stuff," Seungmin raises his hand which makes Jeongin and I laugh. Seungmin gives us a dirty look.

"Okay. Follow us," Changbin states and starts leading the way through the forest.

"Where did you get the bow and arrow?" Sana asks as Changbin and Jisung lead us down the trail.

"It was my dad's," Changbin sighs and continues walking. I pout and stare at Changbin's unbothered posture while talking about his dad. "We'd hunt all the time together... He didn't make it," Changbin says in a monotone voice as he cuts a branch to clear the path. Sana and I look at each other nervously and hold hands.

"Here we are," Jisung presents the large train resting on the tracks and Woojin and the rest of the group scattered around the area.

"Hey, guys," Woojin greets and says hello to our group. "I'm Woojin."

"I'm Chan, this is Seungmin, Jeongin, Sana, and Hana," Chan introduces all of us.

"You're the leader?" Woojin questions.

"I guess I am," Chan says and nods at the rest of us.

"Hopefully you guys are useful," A boy says in a cold tone as he limps over to us.

"Hyunjin, calm down," Woojin orders. Hyunjin stares at me intensely making me realize that he's the one I stabbed in the leg.

"What happened to your leg?" Seungmin asks. Hyunjin looks down and shrugs.

"I fell and a branch punctured my thigh," Hyunjin lies. "You guys better know how to fight. I don't want new people bringing the group down," He limps away to continue working on the train.

"Sorry about Hyunjin, he's just looking out for the group," Woojin says and shows us around the area.

"We have to hurry before the herd arrives Woojin," Felix states. He turns to the group and greets everyone. "Hi, nice to meet you guys," He eyes me. "I'm Felix," His voice gives the whole group shivers. I could tell by their scared faces. He then smiles and walks away.

"Don't be scared of him," Woojin laughs and notices their reactions. "His voice is scary but he isn't really dangerous."

"Seungmin, come help me with the train," Jisung calls him over. Woojin nods at Seungmin to go help Jisung and continues with the tour.

"This is Minho." He arrives at the front of the train where the driver would sit. An attractive boy exits the conductor's car and smiles. "He found the train."

"Hi," Minho says. "I think we are almost done fixing the train, you guys made it just in time," He winks over at me and Sana.

"Minho, stop flirting," Woojin says and leads the group off the train. "Make yourselves at home for now. If you see anything suspicious let us know."

"Do you think we can trust them?" Jeongin asks in a whisper when we are left alone. We all look at Chan who looks indecisive.

"I think they're good people," I state. "I mean we put them in danger and now they're helping us now."

"Yeah, just stay low for now. Help people out around here," Chan states. Chan and Jeongin leave to help with the train and Sana and I walk over to the people who are making weapons.

Changbin is working on sharpening his knives with a rock while Hyunjin is packing arrows in quivers. Felix is organizing all the food and supplies they have into bags. When Sana and I arrive, Hyunjin immediately gets up and leaves. Changbin rolls his eyes watches him as he leaves with a limp. I stare at him leave and sigh as he tries to find something else to do.

"Don't worry about Hyunjin," Changbin says. "He has trust issues."

"I don't think it's that," I say softly to myself.

"Sana, can you help me organize these?" Felix asks.

"Sure," Sana says and walks over to Felix.

"Wanna fight me?" Changbin asks me which makes my eyes widen. Changbin starts laughing at my surprised reaction. "Do you know how to fight?" I shake my head out of nervousness. "I'll teach you," He smiles and hands me a knife.

After showing me some combat tricks, Changbin shows me a really difficult move. I follow his orders but still fail to complete to play punch Changbin in the neck. He blocks my move by gripping my hands. We start laughing because of my failed attempt but I stop once I notice Changbin staring intently at me. I feel my cheeks become hot from embarrassment and Changbin's loud breathing.

"Guys," We both stop out moment and let go of each other and look at Felix who sees a zombie in the distance. A zombie appears in front of Felix and he quickly dodges it and stabs it in the head. "We gotta get this train to start before we get killed."

I look over at Seungmin and Jisung who are still working on the engine. I sigh when more zombies arrive and look over at Changbin who is already fighting one. I push through my fear grab the pocket knife in my back pocket and stab a zombie that was approaching me. I hear a scream and look behind me to see Sana about to get attacked by one of the dead monsters. I run over and kick the shin of the zombie so it falls to the ground and then puncture its head with my knife. Chan runs over and grabs Sana to safety.

Without me noticing, a zombie creeps up behind me but I dodge it and fall to the floor. I try to find my knife that I've dropped on the ground. The breath of the zombie on top of me was reeking of gore and blood, I try to push it off me until the zombie is stabbed in the head and falls on my body. I push the corpse off me and see Hyunjin with my knife in his hand. He puts out his hand for me to take and helps me up without saying a word. He hands me my knife back and continues fighting off more zombies.

"Have you gotten that train working yet?" Changbin calls the group to fix the train.

"Got it!" Jisung celebrates and the train starts running. The motor attracts more zombies to the train which alerts the rest of the group.

"Hurry!" Jeongin screams.

A herd of walking dead starts surrounding us, making my heartbeat louder and faster. Felix is the first to get onto the train and gets out a gun and starts shooting any nearby zombies that could harm us. Next was Changbin, he grabs his bow and arrow and starts shooting. I sigh and start sprinting towards the train but am alert when I turn to see a limping Hyunjin. Without thinking, I run back to grab him before any of the zombies could. I put his arm around my shoulder which shocks Hyunjin. I could feel his stare at me as I drag him to the train.

We successfully make it onto the train and we all start screaming at Minho to drive the train. The chaos was arising and causing everyone stress. Changbin runs out of arrows and runs over to the locomotive Minho is in to help him start the train. Gradually, the train starts to move and pick up speed. The crowd of the living dead gets smaller and smaller allowing everyone to finally catch their breath.

[let go of your anxiousness,

only look forward and run]