Traders and Thieves.

Words - 2430
Warnings - Death, fighting, alcohol and drug implication.

A/n - Before I actually started this story, I wanted to give a little background which is basically what this chapter is. 

The Ark had been the place known as a home to you

The Ark had been the place known as a home to you. It was safe, secure. You had thought that right up until your Grandpa had died. He never broke the law. Before he got old, he did all he could to help the Ark feel like a home. But as he grew older, he also grew weaker. He was in and out of medical every other day. To the council, he was seen as a virus, getting as much out of the Ark as he could before his time came. And they did what they always did. Jaha was the one to pass the go ahead in letting your Grandpa be floated.

Ever since that decision, your family had turned their backs on the laws in the Ark. If they could go around choosing who deserved to live and die, you were going to go around and rebel. It started out with simple things : extra food, pencils. Anything you or your parents could easily get your hands on. From there, you'd use what you had found to trade it in for what you needed. The things the council were never going to give to you.

It had been your dad who changed your rules within stealing. It had been one day when he had been doing his rounds, cleaning up after the ones above him. He had covered one of his friends in cleaning out one of the council members rooms. He taken jewellery, clothing. Anything that would hopefully go unnoticed. And it did. They never suspected a thing.

As a family, you went on to do what you had become known for. And, with everyday that passed, you'd get your hands on something bigger, something that held more glow to it. Your father had taught you how to get away with certain things. Which hallways to use, when the Guards were on watch and where cameras laid.

However, he had never taught your mother. She had a much higher status job than your father as she held a place on the Guard. That had been the only reason you were able to get away with what you did. But, she would always understand why you and your dad did what you did. She watched as her husband broke after the death of his father. She helped every now and again to get whatever you needed. Though, she was never as stealthy as you or your dad which was why she had gotten caught.

Her job had been to collect gun power from the bullets that only the Guard had access to. She had done that. However, she had been sloppy. Not long after, the council were already in search for the criminal who had taken the essential power. The council begun to question everyone else on the guard. Every second you did nothing was a second they were getting closer to catching your mother. Your dad wouldn't let that happened. And he didn't.

He had told you to stay within your room as he left. He never told you what he was doing. He never said why he left. He just did. It had left you pacing up and down as you awaited the possible death of your own mother. But, you trusted your dad. When he said he wasn't going to let anything happen to her, he wasn't.