I stood up. I refused the assistance from the maids around me and quickly stepped down. I turned to Lei Shu. "You can leave now, thank you for your time."

         Before I left, I changed my attire to a red hanfu. No more white, that was what Su Yin said.

          During the ride there, I peeked out the curtain. I watched Lian Ying walk forwards, leading the other eunuchs. Carefully, I craned my neck out of the window. "Do you know why His Majesty is requesting me for?"

         "I believe it is a matter for only you and His Majesty, Empress." Lian Ying replied without looking back. 

        "How about a hint?" I asked, smiling.

        He turned back and shrugged. "I apologize, Your Majesty."

        I threw back the curtains and let a small groan out. Tough. 

         By the time we got there, the Emperor was already standing in front of the doorway. This time, well prepared. I greeted him and he took my hand and lead me up to his throne. As we settled down, I questioned why he wanted me here. 

        However, I wasn't annoyed. It was better than being back at my estate doing nothing. The Emperor was good company. 

        "This is quite unexpected." I made a quick remark as a maid slowly filled my cup with water. My eyes stayed on the Emperor's face. He let out a chuckle but said nothing more. 

         After I took a sip and popped a grape in my mouth, he spoke. "Niu Lin is pregnant."

         I almost choked on the grape. 

         I didn't know what to reply to that statement so I kept my mouth shut. Niu Lin wasn't getting on my nerves, I even forgot about her sometimes. Niu Lin defending the new palace maid against Fei Ruo was a shock. She could've stayed in silence and watched it play out.

        Perhaps she changed. 

          "She has been keeping up a good behaviour and I may remove her from the blacklist," the Emperor concentrated on the grapes in front of him. He popped two in his mouth and looked at me. "Will you allow promoting her?"

          I nodded. "Yes, Your Majesty. I agree. Niu Lin has kept up her good behaviour and I will promote her if you'd like... But I want someone else promoted."

        Niu Lin wasn't the only person that I wanted to promote. The power was in my hands. I wanted to promote Su Yin as well. I knew the Emperor would eventually have me promote Su Yin when she gives birth.

        But I didn't want her to continue being an Imperial Concubine.

        "Who?" the Emperor stared at me. 

        "Imperial Concubine Lee, Su Yin," I responded, nodding to myself. "She's going to give birth very soon."

        The Emperor paused for a little. He narrowed his eyes in thought while I watched him in silence. I highly doubted he remembered that she was pregnant. Su Yin has been neglected for quite some time now. 

         He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb before turning to look at me again. He nodded. "As you wish, Empress."

         I had to promote two women in the morning assembly tomorrow. I told the Emperor to hold off the Imperial decree until I spoke with Niu Lin. Niu Lin can still be an enemy, waiting to strike, and I needed to be reassured. 

          She didn't use the estate I granted her anymore, which is what I noticed. Because once I walked in, it was empty. All her stuff was gone. I dismissed the eunuchs and wished to walk to see Niu Lin.