Cruel, Beautiful World

(AN: The next few chapters will be in Levi's pov, but I will do a chapter with flashbacks of what happens to Eren. For now, let's follow shortie's journey. Haikyuu characters are in this chapter as well so enjoy!)

Levi's pov:

Fuck everything to hell! My surroundings blurred past as I ran like the Devil was on my tail. I tried to run after Eren and ran smack dab into the waiting horde. Apparently our little scuffle drew their attention.

Now I was running from a horde bigger than I've ever seen. Finally, the cabin comes into view and I almost cry in relief. No time.

"Get your asses moving! Dead-heads behind me.. A horde!" I yell between pants.

I'm not out of shape, but a two hour walk becoming a thirty minute run while panicking does something to you. My lungs screamed and I felt ready to collapse, but I have to push through.

I see my friends running out of the cabin and, without turning back, run in the opposite direction of the approaching horde. There heavy footfall and pants follow me as we circle around the forest and go back to the town.

If Eren came this way, then he'd go straight to a store that had medicine, bandages, stuff like that. I'm so deep in thought that I almost pass the small Walgreens. Spinning and using my momentum, I fly around the corner to the store ahead.

Through the windows I could see a group of people, making me halt. I can see a few of the others turning the corner, Erwin leading, but I shake my head. He stops and signals the others to do the same. By now, with our years together in the Squad, he knows to trust me.

I can only hear bits of their conversation, but I pieced it together pretty quickly.

"...hurt..too bad?"

"No, he... mistake..."

"He seem—"

"Is there a reason you're sitting outside, watching us?" A low voice says behind me.

I turn to see a very tall French Fry with black, thick-rimmed glasses. His face is a mask of boredom, one of my most-used masks. He raises an eyebrow as if waiting for a response. Oh right...

"Have you seen a brat about this tall with dark brown hair and blue-green eyes?"

He steps forward and looks me up and down, sizing me up, before surveying our surroundings. By now Erwin has pulled the others around the corner, so the bean pole should think I'm alone. He opens the door for me and ushers me inside.

Before I go inside, I hold up a closed fist to let Erwin know to hold tight. Hopefully the zombies don't follow us. Getting separated in a time like this is a worst case scenario. It's bad enough that Eren ran off.

I follow the blonde to where the others had stopped conversing. They tracked every movement with their eyes and I watched them all circle around a short ginger. A team, like my own, wanting to protect their weakest.

"Who is this, Tsukishima?" A tan ravenette asks, walking towards us.

His stature and the way Tsukishima bows his head gives me reason to believe he's their leader. Friend or foe? Dangerous or safe?

The blonde shrugs and looks at me, "I don't know, but he's looking for the snarky brunette, whatever his name was."

I tensed at his tone and the way the others shifted closer to their leader. After mentioning Eren, they seemed even more cautious and guarded. Do they know him?

The leader sent me a disarming smile and shook his head at his friends.

"Sorry about them. He gave us quite the scare until we got to know him. Sweet kid with a determination I've only seen in our Hinata. I'm Daichi and you are?" he asks with an extended hand.