Wall Sina

(AN: Hehehe! AOT fans will love this. It's kinda like the dome that houses the Hunger Games, you know? Anyway, sorry if this chappie is kinda boring.)

Road after empty road passed us by as we walked, not truly understanding what we were seeing. Everything was so empty and bare, no zombie or human anywhere to be found. It was disconcerting, to say the least, but I kept those concerns to myself.

Our mismatched band of survivors were on edge after they lost the settlement, especially Jean after... After Marco passed.. It still hurt me to see him look so feral and wild. Ever since I've met him, I could see that he was a soft, sweet nerd with a knack for taming Jean's bad temper.

Jean didn't show any anger towards me, or anyone for that matter, and I was starting to miss his temper. He reminded me of myself... The me who had given up at that bar, the me who had shattered into a million pieces like the bottles of alcohol I'd chugged.

I would stick close to him when I could, but mama Mikasa clung to him and would glare whenever I approached. This was different from when she'd babied me. She wasn't babying him, she was being a distraction and a shoulder to cry on.

It was obvious that she had developed feelings for him, but it was impossible to tell what kind with her unreadable gaze. Levi and I hadn't had any alone time and it was fraying our nerves, as well.

The only people who didn't seem nerved or stressed were Hange, Erwin, and Armin. Hange is always happy and as for Armin and Erwin... I don't even want to talk about the noises Armin makes, bleh!

I'm glad they finally got together, but they weren't quiet or embarrassed when it came to too much PDA. My innocent friend wasn't as innocent as I thought, it seems. With a shiver of disgust, I bring myself from my thoughts and to our newest obstacle.

We had reached the border to the next state yesterday, but there was a big problem. A big immovable problem. There was a large ass stone wall that spanned farther than the eye could see. On the wall was a picture of a crowned woman with the words, Wall Sina.

Historia had known what it meant, but kept her mouth shut until the others had went to sleep. She asked them to put her and I on first watch and here we are, camping on the ground next to a wall. She was surprised to see the wall, but her face had paled when I showed her the words engraved on it.

"Okay, Ria, please tell me what Wall Sina means? I can feel your fear from here.."

I hear her take a deep breath, then she speaks, "Wall Sina was part of a bigger plan my father and the others had for the corporation and the games. But... They had said it would take years to build. They must've been building it in secret for years."

Her eyes take on a far away look as she stares at the flames from our small fire. With lips pulled into a thin line, she looks up at me with such a hopeless look that I visibly cringe. How can such a happy and determined girl have that look on her face?

"We can just find a way to scale the wall. Erwin will think of something." But even I can hear the resignation in my voice.

"Not all three... This is the smallest of the walls." she said quietly.

This really does sound kinda like the hunger games, doesn't it? Why are they trapping us? What is their big "plan"? So many questions that need to be answered. I look at all the people I've grown to love and make a decision.

"Ria, you know where your father and the corporation is. Do you know where they're holding the zombies and how they're controlling them?"

"The zombies have some type of device shot at them, then they're controlled with basic commands with a special computer. Why?"