45

I woke up feeling nauseous. I felt horrible.

I felt really off and I didnt know why. I didnt need to throw up. Thats a good sign I guess.

I decided to shake it off and go eat. I made some breakfast and coffee. I sat down and turned on the Tv.

" Some sad news this morning."

My full attention turned to the Tv.

" Chris Chambers was found dead at-"

I dropped my plate and coffee.

" Richard!" I yelled. He ran out.

" What? What is i-"
He saw the Tv and was absolutely devastated.

" I- I" i had no words.
The next thing I knew I fell to the floor, then black.

-

I slowly opened my eyes. The room was bright. Everything was quiet. The beeps on the monitor went up as my heart started to race.

" Elliot? O-oh my- oh my god! Oh my god! Your awake! Oh my oh-"

I turned my head and saw none other than Teddy Duchamp. My best friend. He helped me sit up.

" Wha-t the hell?" I said staring at him.

" Y-Your awake! your alive-"

" Your dead."

He stares at me blankly. He then laughs nervously. " The hell do you mean dead?"

I furrowed my eyebrows suddenly waking up. " I-I I.. I saw you dead... You- you died!"

He looks at me like im insane. " Im surely alive sweetheart. Do you remember anything?"

I scrunch my nose " What do you mean? Wait- I-Is Chris okay?? H-he"

" Chris is fine? What the hell? Are you okay?"

I started to panic " Whats going on? Your supposed to be dead!"

He shook his head " Im alive, so is Chris! You've been in a Coma for the past 2 years." He blurted out.

I stared at him blankly. So everything.. i never dropped out of highschool.. Teddy never died.. Chris didnt die... I dont live in Berkeley?

I took a deep breath.

A doctor came in and smiled brightly " Welcome Back Ms. Elliot. How are you feeling?"

" I've been in a Coma?"

The doctor smiles weakly " You uh.. You got into a fight. You fell and hit your head real hard on some medal. And got shot a few times. You almost died."

I stared at her like she was crazy.

" Your sister, that Chambers kid, and Teddy here have been visiting almost everyday. We almost had to take you off of life support"

I turned to teddy. He was smiling at me.

" Isnt my sister dead?"

He furrowed his eyebrows " What? No!"

I nodded slightly. He hugged me tightly. Tears weld up in my eyes and I hugged back.