18

Chapter eighteen

I walked into Irby's it was packed.

I walked up to the bar, good thing I had freshened up this morning.

Doug gave me a smile and walked over " Hey! Its been a while Kiddo."

I chuckle " Yeah, You still hiring"

He nods " You need a job?"

" Yeah, Trial run for tonight?"

" Sure, go in back and theres a rack with shirts to show your an employee, Put that on and I'll show ya some stuff"

I nod and walk to the back room, and quickly change shirts then walk out and join Doug.

He showed me some new tips and tricks with bartending, and the customers.

He had actually taught me a lot with bartending during the time I had gone here.

" Hey doll, heard your done with chambers" A male not to much older than me winked.

I handed him his drink " Good to know word has.. gone around" I saw in the back Eyeball was sucking face with some broad.

Of course he didnt give a shit.

" When you off work?"

I look at the male " Dunno"

I went back to working, the night went smoothly. The bar didn't die down at all, all night.

It was a bit tiring.

" Doug how the fuck did you do this on your own?"

He shrugged " Guess working fast became a thing, service is definetly better with you around. You wanna work here? Could use the help."

I hugged him " Thank you! You have no idea how much it means to me, really."

He smiled " No problem"

" 4 shots, tequila." A male says behind me. I grab out the shot glasses, pour the drink and look up. Eyeball gave me a weak smirk.

I slid the shots to him and turned back around, washing more glasses.

" How are ya babe?"

I flinched at those words. But ignored him.

" Richard, baby. Lets go."

I turned around placing the dried glasses under the counter.

" Cya doll." He winked at me, wrapping his arm around the blonde chick he was with. I couldnt tell if that was some sort of new 'girlfriend' or not. I stared at the just made shots and grumbled.

I shook it off, then teddy walked in.

" Your on the other side of the counter" he chuckled sitting in front of me.

" What can I get you this fine night sir?" I joked.

" Hardest drink you got, cutie"

I laughed at him. " Oh forreal?"

He nods and I pour him a glass.

He took a sip, and made a face while swallowing it.

" Jeez" he chuckled.

I smiled then looked at the clock " Its cooled down a bunch, I'm off in 10"

He nods " Any trouble?"

I shook my head " Eyeball tried talking to me, i ignored him. He got a new girl quickly. "

" sorry" He sighed finishing the rest of his drink.

" no worries man"

He handed me the glass and i cleaned it.

" Im heading out Doug, see ya tomorrow at what time?"

" during the week I need ya from 3:00-9:00, weekends 5:00-1:00 Am"

I let out a deep breath and nodded.

I went to the back room took the shirt off, putting my other one back on. I grabbed the work shirt and walked out with teddy.

" Can we talk?" He asks.

" We have been" I chuckled.

" I wanna talk about last week.. before Eyeball came in."