39

I woke up the next morning, very tired, but it was very hot. I noticed Eyeball's arms were wrapped around me, our legs entangled.

I blushed intensely and slid off of the bed, somehow getting away from his arms. I put on my underwear and slipped on one of his shirts then walked out into the kitchen.

I felt happy. Genuinely.. really happy again. By the end of the month we could be out of here. Out of this shitty town. Finally doing something with our lives.

I looked through the fridge and pantry, and knew what I wanted to make for breakfast but took a shower first.

When i got out I was wrapped in a towel and my hair was still pretty soaked.

I heard a high to low whistle and looked to see eyeball looking me up and down.

" W-What"

He smirks, causing me to narrow my eyes. I went into our room, and locked him out getting ready for the day.

I made breakfast, Eyeball excitedly ate it.

" Whats up with you?"

He shrugs " I dont know, Just am happy"

I smile and place my plate in the sink.
He did the same and before I could leave for work he wrapped his arms around my stomach, pulling me back.

" Im gonna be late for work richie" I giggled.

" You've always looked hot in a waitress uniform..."

I rolled my eyes as my face flushed red.

" Let me goo" I groan out.

" go in late?"

" No!"

I get out of his grip and turn to face him. He smirked at me as I narrowed my eyes playfully.

I gave him a peck on the lips and walked out the door to work.

-

" How ya holding up?"

I look up to meet eyes with chris. I smiled and ran around the counter hugging him.

I havent seen him for a while now.

" Im doing good, what about you? "

" Ahh im stressed, but im happy to be back. Eyeball treating you good?" He breathed out.

I nodded causing him to smile " Good"

" Uhhh-" i look to the clock " Oh! Its my break, wanna sit down? Talk?" I ask.

Chris nods and we sit down in a booth.

" How have you been feeling after... uh Teddy.." He asks.

I look at the table and shrug " Eyeball was there for me. Im still not over it... but its- im uh better now" I shrug.

He nods " Yeah, Teddy sure took me by surprise though... Never thought he'd stop a robbery"

I nodded chuckling weakly " Yeah... he was g-reat" I breathed out as tears pricked my eyes.

" U-Uh heard your moving out to Berkeley?"

I looked up at him and nodded " Yeah, In around a week actually"

" O-Oh wow! Thats soon"

I nodded " Yeah Eye and I found a place a while ago so we decided we're gonna go."

" No babies yet right?"

My eyes widened and I laughed " God no! You know I hate kids. Eyeball does too so I think We'll be good with a dog man"

He chuckles and nods. " Well I should get going. I'll see ya later lee"

I nod and watch him walk out. I stare at the table and sigh weakly.

Him bringing up Teddy really stung. I still was in some type of denial. I really couldn't believe my best friend was actually gone.

My breathing got really heavy and I looked around and decided to get my mind off of the topic.

I stood up quickly and last thing I felt was the cold floor of the diner.