36

Chapter thirty six

I showered and got ready then he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walked to the diner.

It was quiet today. But when people saw me they definitely started whispering. Me and Teddy were like this town's iconic Duo. Both from crazy families, and we both cause trouble.

People probably thought that he was helping with the robbery that night. I didnt. He only ever wanted to be a hero, and to be a soldier. He was a hero that night.

It hurt me that he never got to get passed highschool and achieve his dream. And I feel like it was partly my fault.

Was it my fault?

Oh my god it was-

I started to breathe heavily as we sat in the booth, my eyes started to water and my vision got blurry.

" Hey! Hey you okay?"

I blinked a couple of times and tears ran down my face.

-

" Elliot! Take cover!" The other twelve year old yelled jumping over the train tracks.

I giggled and hid in a bush as he ran towards me. He jumped in the same bush and we looked at each other.

He chuckled as I smiled at him.

-

" Teddy hold still! "

" Well it fucking hurts alright?!"

Teddy's dad just held his ear to a stove. Almost burnt it the fuck off.

I sighed as i cleaned the blood off of him. I did my best to wrap him in gauze.

" Sorry" I sighed.

" Thanks anyways.. " He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me to him.

-

" Your what??"

" Im- Im dating Eyeball.."

" W-why? Out of all fucking people?" He stared at me.

" I-I like him a lot okay?? And he- well he asked me out a while ago and we got along.."

" But hes just gonna hurt you!"

-

" He doesnt give a shit about you lee... hes just in for it for himself"

I sobbed as Teddy held me tightly.

" I- I dont get it- " I covered my face with my hands.

I had just fought with eyeball about the whole ' cheating ' issue.

-

" She did what..?"

" S-Shes dead teddy... she killed herself. What am i gonna d-d-do?" I fell to the floor.

He sat next to me as I broke out sobbing. I couldn't control myself.

My sister killed herself like it was nothing. And she was the only person I thought was unstoppable. Undefeatable.

-

" I cant wait to graduate. I'll be in the Army. I'll serve for us all. " he grinned.

" Good luck with that" Chris scoffed.

" I think its pretty cool! Like- like some type of superboy type guy!" Vern smiled.

" Super boy? What the fuck is that? No! I'll be a hero!"

" Yeah yeah we get it Teddy" Gordie said.

" I think its pretty cool" I said placing a card down from my deck which made Chris slam his hand down.

" You do?" Teddy blushed slightly.

" Yeah! Im sure you could do it"

-

" Your back together..?"

" Yeah! I think.. I think hes changed"

" Oh..."