38

Chapter thirty eight

Our plan was to move to Berkeley, california. It wasn't super far away, but still a distance. Eyeball actually liked the sound of the place, he thought it sounded like a cool place.

-

I sighed as I washed the tables. A while ago I took a job as a waitress at Bluepoint. Irby's wasn't working. No it was. Just Doug didn't want me working there because he worried of the people that came in there. Eyeball took my place, although Doug wasn't ever to fond of him, they got along.

Bluepoint wasn't to bad, quite easy compared to working at Irby's. I saw Chris, Gordie, Vern, Jensen, Jack, and Miles a lot there as well. My friends kept going on, on how much I was missing with all the new parties. I couldn't bring myself to hang out with them anymore though, without Teddy it just didn't feel right. I tried to, but I felt sick every time.

Chris, he got into law school quickly after graduation. Gordie started writing a story, and Vern? He started working with Milo. Fuckin Milo man, no idea why.

The cobras teased me and Eyeball for having jobs. Ace kept going on about how Eyeball had finally gone soft. Lets say he wasnt to happy i 'stole' his best friend.

-

" Why dont you go on and head home Elliot? I'll finish up around here" Marcia, one of my friends said.

I nodded and thanked her, taking my leave. I walked to Irby's and it was quiet.

" Hey, your off.. earlier?" Eyeball said looking at me from behind the counter. I sat down on a bar stool " Yeah, Marcia said she'd clean up."

" oh nice, I'll be off in a bit"

I smiled slightly and doodled on a napkin as I waited for his shift to end.

I felt arms wrap around my stomach behind me and I swiveled the bar stool turning to face eyeball.

" Hi" I said. He chuckled " Hi" he responded.

We said bye to doug and left the bar.

" So are you like done... with the cobras?" I ask laying my head on his shoulder as we walked.

He shrugged " Not really? Ace is mad Im working and shit but we still talk, and you know some nights we go out"

I nod " We're gonna be able to leave soon.. wow"

He smiled " Yeah"

When we got to our apartment we went straight to our room. I felt sort of energetic, and wanted to do something. I couldn't say the same for Eyeball though.

He was laid next to me and I quickly moved to hover over him.

" Whats up?" He says smiling at me.

I quickly press my lips to his. He kissed back and I leaned my torso down, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He sat up, holding me in his lap as we made out.

My hand grabbed at the hem of his shirt and lifted it. He quickly took it off but when he tossed it to the floor he stared at me nervously.

" W-What?" I ask. He sighs

" C'monn~ " I groan.

He nodded and changed our position so I was laid down, and he was on top of me.