37

Chapter thirty seven

Eyeball snapped me out of my dazed state and stared at me. My cheeks were wet from tears and I felt really weak again.

" I-" I choked out.

" Don't force yourself..."

He got up and snatched an untouched water from a table next to us.

" Hey!" A lady said.

" Oh put a lid on it "

He sat back down and handed it to me.
I stared at it and placed it on the table.

" C'mon baby.. " Eyeball said rubbing my back.

I sighed " It was my fault he was out that night-"

" What?"

" If- If this... us never happened he wouldn't of been so distant. He would of been home! Its my fault" i sank into the seat.

" No its not, dont say that. It isnt your fault, He died doing something he wanted to do right? Be a hero? He saved the lives of people in that store so dont say that"

He pulled me into him, i rested my head on his shoulder.

" Ya know.. while you were out that one day at the hospital he told me that he'd do anything for you.. to make sure your okay and happy... he seemed like an alright kid.. not some lunatic"

Tears ran out of my eyes again and i sat up straight. " He would always go off on how he was ready to kill you any time You hurt me real bad" I chuckled.

Eyeball chucked as well and nodded " I'd deserve it.."

-

Time slowly went by and Eyeball helped me work through my grieving. He always made me think of happy things and memories and to his best ability took care of me. He would do anything to make me feel better, even if it was stupid and embarrassing.

One year later

I woke up, the bright sunlight in my face and an arm wrapped around my waist tightly.

" Richie get up, you got work"

He jerked awake from my voice and groaned, turning around to his other side.

" Cmon~" I say laying my chin on his shoulder.

" Call me in sick"

" Do you want to get out of here or not?"

He huffed and sat up. He stared at me and shrugged.

" 2 highschool drop outs, what are we gonna even do?"

I shrugged and smiled " Whatever we want babe"

He chuckled and got out of the bed.

" Well what I wanna do right now isn't family friendly" He said smirking.

" im gonna get ruined!" I cry out dramatically getting up and running out of the room.

He caught up and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me and I immediately fell to the floor.

He hovered over me " I mean- The floor would definetly be new but im not opposed"

" Your male needs are gonna end up killing me! "

" Job well done then"

" Whaaat??"

" Must mean I did a good job if that happened"

" Your weird"

" Your one to talk" He chuckled pecking my lips.

I sighed " Fine! But then no more! I gotta work too yaknow"