(Edited) Ch. 5: Success or Failure

The next day, everyone in school heard the news that something big would go down in the hall after school, including the three siblings who just walked through the school gate.

Before they parted ways to head to their individual faculties, Desmond turned to his sisters and ruffled their hair. "You girls stay safe and contact me if anything goes wrong, okay? I'll be here in a jiffy."

Out of concern for Luna, Erica had told Desmond of everything that happened while they were in the car on the way to school.

The two sisters nodded their heads with a smile on their faces. Erica's smile was brighter and more carefree while Luna's was much more reserved.

Straight after class ended, Erica exited her classroom to find Luna outside standing by the wall and reading a book. Nobody paid her any attention. Erica asked her friends to wait then went to Luna.

"Jie? What're you doing here?" Erica asked with a slight tilt to her head.

"I'm taking a break from studying today to hang out with you. Is that not okay?" Luna asked with a slight raise of an eyebrow and small grin.

"Really?!" Erica's eyes brightened. Because of Luna's hardworking nature, they hardly got to spend much time leisurely together. "Hold on, I'll just let my friends know."

After she came bounding back to Luna's side, she informed Luna, "Everyone seems interested in finding out what would be taking place in the hall, even my friends are, so they're all headed there. The entertainment building will probably be pretty empty because of that. Where would you like to go?"

"How about the mini aquarium in the entertainment building? Pretty sure it'll be much better now without all the couples in the school flocking there." There was a little laughter in Luna's voice.

Erica laughed outrightly and agreed with Luna. "Let's go!"

The aquarium was indeed much more peaceful like they thought.

Erica's eyes sparkled as she talked on and on about all the marine animals that the school's aquarium has.

Sadly, they did not get to spend very long together as Lucas made his appearance.

Luna was the first to notice his presence since Erica was still staring into the aquarium and going on about the fishes and corals in the tank. Moreover, this was Luna's real intention. Guessing how Erica was likely the subject of the big show about to go down in the hall, she knew that Lucas would come to get Erica. By staying beside Erica, she would not have to go through the trouble of finding him.

They locked gazes for a good few seconds before Luna greeted him, "Mr Wu."

Erica's head snapped around.

Lucas did not seem surprised that a stranger would know his name. He knew that he was pretty well-known in school in his own way. "Excuse me, but I'm here for your friend."

He then shifted his gaze onto Erica, who now has a scowl on her face, to say, "Miss Lee, your presence is needed in the hall." He did not care if she would listen to him or not since he has a back up plan. He simply decided to be cordial at the start before he got ruthless.

"Excuse me, Mr Wu, but I'm her older sister. Also, I'd like 10 minutes of your time, please."

"I can see you after I'm done with your sister."

"If I wasn't clear enough, that wasn't a question." She then faced Erica again. "Erica, please be patient and wait here for me till I'm done with my talk with Mr Wu, okay?"