World 1.6: Chen Xinyi

The results were as she predicted. It was similar to the herbs that were stir fried. The part that really pleased her was the potency of the rejuvenating effect. Eating the herbs and drinking the soup felt so nourishing that her body felt cleansed and energy beyond replenished. This would be very good to eat to help speed up one's cultivation. She concluded. 

This would be valuable for martial artists of high level Sky realm and beyond. A talented person who could progress beyond Sky realm would take at least 2 years to do so. Then 3 years to advance to mid level. Then 4 years to advance to high level. That was why the lead couple were considered geniuses beyond talents. Not to mention the monster second male lead who was stronger than the other two. 

Xinyi knew that she was a typical average person, however, there was no harm trying to keep up her cultivation. It would perfect her control over the flow and use of her spiritual power in the process anyway. 

Since it has such wonderful effects for the internal body, I wonder if it applies to open wounds... Xinyi began devising her next experiment. BaoBao was more prepared thanks to his prior experience with Xinyi so he quickly disconnected his mind from hers. Her results may be mediocre but her mind worked wonders. BaoBao stood by the side and quietly admired her.

Xinyi was so used to the idea that she was just an average joe, while the naive BaoBao got swept along in her pace, that none of them has realised this was the first time Xinyi has produced an amazing product that was far beyond average. It was only far later that someone would point it out to her. 

In the following month, Xinyi's routine was the same as usual as she replaced an old experiment. with a new one. She was growing 6 plants again in the same manner as before, except that the herb this time would be for making salves. She also uprooted some bushes near the well and stove to create a herb garden for the herbs that could be eaten. 

However, her routine would be disrupted on every alternate day thanks to Zi Yao's visit. Zi Yao has started her antics again of making small talk with Xinyi, this time not bothering with teaching her anything. She simply kept her up to date about everything that happened outside of the estate's walls.

 Among ththe gossip and political news, Zi Yao skillfully and subtly promoted Zhang Yong's worth by talking about his family, his growth, and his achievements. She had also talked of other princes and well-known people, including Wang Wei, and praised them to the high heavens, however she only made Zhang Yong sound available and within reach. Xinyi played along and gave the right reactions that she knew Zi Yao was looking for. Finally, it was close to the end of the month when it was Xinyi's turn to get what she wanted. 

"Isn't Zhang Yong an amazing person?" Zi Yao said dreamily.

"Yes, he'd make more than a fine husband. Possibly even perfect." 

"A pity that Hui Shan jie has him wrapped around her little finger..." 

"What do you mean? Does he like her?" 

"No, but she manipulates him and monopolises all his time." 

"Doesn't she already have Wang Wei?" 

"Yes, but... that's just how she is... Hateful, isn't she?" Zi Yao smiled wryly.

"I think anybody would dislike that."

"Oh! But you stand a chance against her!" 

"How can I? There's nothing I can do."

"Didn't Zhang Yong show preferential treatment for you just a while ago? Did you know that when he stopped seeing you, he stopped coming by our estate entirely? I'm pretty sure he's interested in you!" Zi Yao faked her enthusiasm and gripped onto Xinyi's arms like an excited little girl.