Chapter 45: secrets

"Okay" I say "since I won you have to give me some answers"

"Fine, what would you like to know, sister" she says with an evil grin.

"Not here" I say "we need to talk somewhere private, you are coming with us" I pull her to her knees and blindfold her.

"Since when are you so strong?" Asks Tim.

"I'm not" I say while reaching for my phone and dialing Jason's number. Who by the way was supposed to stick around.

"Hey angel" he says.

"Hey Jay bird, I need your help as soon as possible, I'm sending you the coordinates"

"On my way" he says.

A few minutes pass and I hear a motorcycle approaching, then I'm able to see Jason.

"Miss me" he says opening his arms.

"Ha, not a chance" I say crossing my arms and looking away, then we both smile.

"What do you need help with?" Jason asks.

"I found her" I point to my twin and Jason follows to where I'm pointing.

"And you want me to take her to the cave?" That's Jason, he knows what's going on.

"Pretty much" I respond and nod.

"Okay no problem. I'll meet you guys over there!" He says pulling my twin and putting her on his motorcycle as he drives away.

"Why did you call Jason?" Asks Dick "you have me right here"

"Right, cause you guys got trapped" I say raising and eyebrow.

"She's got a point" Tim says.

"Shut up Tim" Dick says playfully.

"And besides, if my assassin twin goes crazy Jason will not hesitate to fight her or hurt her"

"Well you trained with the assassins too and you won your fight" says Dick.

"I'm pretty sure she let me win, which means that she has a plan and we have to get going" I say.

Tim and Richard look at each other, then they shrug and follow me.
                                                            ***

When we enter the Bat cave, I see my twin sitting on a chair with Batman and Red Hood by each side. I walks towards her and take the blindfold, then I remove my mask revealing my face, causing everyone to stare at me.

"What?" I ask innocently. "She already knows who I am okay?" I say. "First, I need to check something" I walk towards the motorcycles and start checking them. When I check Jason's motorcycle I find a tracking device.
"Check your suits" I say crushing the tracker. "I told you she had a plan" I show them the tracking device. "And I'm guessing if you haven't escaped that means your mission is not over"

"You're smart sis" the girl says "no wonder you were always mom's favorite"

"What?" I say.

"My mission was to bring you back but I decided to make a different play and have a little fun fighting you"

This is more complicated than I thought. "Can you give us a moment?" I ask the guys, they nod and start leaving. Bruce walks towards me, puts a hand on my shoulder and whispers " I'll be listening, just in case anything happens"
"Thanks, I'll call you when I'm done" I whisper back.

"Let's start from the beginning" I say "how much do you know about our past"

"Well, you and I were created in a lab unlike most human beings. We were created from a DNA strand from father and Talia, but we were modified a little to be better and stronger." She says and pauses.

"Keep going, you know more than that."

"The purpose of our creation was to be the best assassins of the league, that way the League of shadows can keep going. She wanted to have one but we ended up being twins." She pauses and looks at me with hatred.

"Why are you looking at me that way?" I ask "you are radiating hatred, anger, and resentment"

"How do you know?"

"I don't know how to explain it, I just know" I pause "listen, its getting late and it's being a long day. Why don't go stay with me in my room, we can continue this conversation tomorrow, and you need to calm down"

She looks puzzled for a second but then she changes her face expression. "That is not why I came here."

"Fine then, be my guest." I turn and start walking away.

"I guess, but this doesn't mean anything." She reluctantly follows me to my room and jumps on the bed.

The fact that we are sharing a room doesn't mean that I trust her, I just need to keep an eye on her and keep everyone away.

My body stays still as I wait for her to fall asleep. Listening to her even soft breaths. She is fast asleep.

As for me, on the other hand, I can't sleep, specially because I am sharing my room with another assassin. Putting that aside, I can almost hear the gear in my head working to figure the answer. My twin sister? There is something that doesn't add up, and I have a bad feeling about this, I need to investigate some more. Besides, thats odd, when I time traveled I don't remember seeing two of us.

I grabbed a tranquilizer earlier while I was in the Bat cave. My hand slowly reaches it and once I got it I inject her. Interesting, she says she trained with the league but she didn't even move when I went close to her. Well, this should buy me some time to work something out without her being a threat.

I tiptoe my way out of the room and into the Bat cave. No one should be around at this time, except for Bruce and maybe even Alfred.

I make my way over to the computer and insert a blood sample from my "twin", which I got from our fight earlier. Now I just need to examine it and find the truth.