Chapter 43: Evil twin

As I walk up the front stairs, Alfred is already at the door ready to help me.

"Thank you Alfred" I say.

"At your service" he says.

The Manor is extremely quiet, which means that everyone is probably down in the bat cave. As I descend into the bat cave, I see Jason lying down on one of the beds, his left arm covering his eyes.

I was going to make my presence known to everyone but I overhear Bruce and Richard talking. It has something to do with me and it sounds intriguing. I keep going down slowly without making any noise and sticking to the shadows.

"How are we going to tell her?" says Richard.

Bruce rubs his chin and looks lost in thought.

Before they continue their conversation, I jump down and interrupt. "Tell me what?" I say fixing my clothes.

Jason, Tim, Richard and Bruce look at me.

"How long have you been standing there?" Asks Tim.

"I just got here" I smile.

"How did you get here so fast?" Tim looks really surprised.

"Conner" I reply.

"Oh, that explains" he says.

"So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" Everyone stays quiet. "Okay,listen, I'm sixteen years old not a little girl, I can take whatever you tell me, so spill it."

"Then I'll go" says Jason with a smirk. "I was attacked by a girl that looks exactly like you"

"Okay.... So...." I motion for Jason to continue.

"That's it" says Jason "this girl looks exactly like you and she is a perfect, well trained assassin."

An idea comes to my mind. Maybe it's my clone. When the league of shadows took me in they must of taken my blood.

"Victoria?" Richard says "are you okay?"

Everyone looks concerned.

"I'm okay"I say "I was just thinking. Do you have any blood from her?" I ask.

"No why?" Asks Jason.

"Because I was thinking that maybe if she looks like me she could..."

I don't finish my sentence because Bruce finishes my sentence.

"Be your clone" Bruce says.

"Or my evil twin sister" I say. Every one looks at me. "What? It could be a possibility" I say raising my hands on defeat.

"So what's the plan?" Asks Jason.

"I'll take care of it" I say.

"No way" says Bruce.

"Why not?" I complain.

"It's dangerous"

"When has that stop me before. Listen whatever she is I'm sure she's looking for me so I'll take care of it" he is not leaving me out again.

"All of us will take care of it"

"Okay fine" I say crossing my arms.

"Keep this with you" Bruce gives me a small camera.

"Okay, I'm guess I'm going back to school? I need to be out in the public to attract her."

"If you want to, but, Jason, Tim and Dick have to be with you"

"Deal"

Without saying another word, I go up the stairs and head to my room. Its time to unpack and make sure I didn't forget anything. I take out my things and lay on my bed. Everything is accounted for. I reach my phone and dial the Kent's number.

"Hello?" Martha answers.

"Hi Ms. Kent."

"How are you dear?"

"I'm doing great thank you. I wanted to apologize for leaving so unexpectedly, something urgent came up in Gotham so I had to come back, but I wanted to thank you for everything."

"It was my pleasure, don't forget that you can visit whenever you want."

"I'll keep that in mind."

As soon as I hang up, the door opens and I see Barbara, wheeling her chair towards me.

"Victoria? It is you! I'm so glad you're back" she says.

I kneel down and hug her. "Thanks Babs, it's good to be back."

"How are you? You look different!" She says.

I don't really know how to answer that so I just say "yeah, thanks, I dyed my hair, but I think I'm dying it brown again. Oh and I'm good."

"I thought you were staying with the Kents longer."

"That was the original plan, but something came up and I'm going back to Gotham Academy."

"I thought you were going to study here with Alfred"

"I was but I love wearing a uniform and I'm looking for someone"

"Very well, I'll let you get settled."

I head to the store and buy a hair dye similar to my original hair color, it's time to let the new identity go and bring back the old one.
***

The next morning I get up early, as usual, and prepare breakfast for everyone. In my opinion, Alfred deserves a break once in a while. I leave a note on the table and leave to school. I'm sure Tim, Jason and Richard can join me at school so I take off on my own.

I decide to analyze the school and imagine where my twin/clone could be if she decides to attack when I'm at school.

Soon the boys join me and they don't look too happy.

"Why didn't you wait for us?" Richard says fixing his tie.

"I had things to do and I don't need a babysitter, no offense."

"None taken." Jason says with a smirk.

Richard groans but he changes the subject.
***
When the bell rings, indicating the beginning of class, I rush to the classroom to get a seat next to the window. If she tries anything, I will be able to her. Nothing unusual happens for the first hour.

During English class, a fast shadow by the outside of the school catches my eye. It was fast but I saw something familiar. Could it be her? I haven't seen anyone move that fast, and even if it's not her, it might be bad news.