Chapter 17: Detective skills

Since Bruce didn't think that I was truly okay after everything that happened, he suggested that I stay home for a while and study here. That's why when I get to my room I see a laptop on my bed.

Closing the door, I sit on my bed and turn the laptop on. I wonder what I can do with this..... Maybe I should try something.

It's time to gather all the evidence I have to discover Nightwing's secret identity and confirm my suspicions.

Clue number one: the first day I went to Gotham academy Barbara asked Nightwing if he remembered when they were in school, meaning that Nightwing went to Gotham Academy.

Clue number two: in another occasion Barbara was going to say Nightwing's name, it started with a D, like Dick Grayson.

Clue number three: Tim and Jason know Dick, but how would they know each other?

Clue number four: Nightwing was the first Robin. Batman's first partner, and it was around the time when Bruce Wayne adopted Dick after the circus incident.

Clue number five: Bruce said that Nightwing would be watching us and soon after I bumped into Dick.

Now that I have all the clues it's time to make a face comparison, just because you can never be too careful. I hacked Batman's system to get a picture of Nightwing. Then I put the picture and compared it with Dick's picture, the one I took at school. Then I press enter and wait for the results.

Loading.....................

100% match.

Gotcha. Ha! I was right! Now that I hacked the computer in the Bat-cave And confirmed my theory, I start seeing what else I find by looking into the files.

Being a detective is really easy, I like it.

Well now that my suspicions are confirmed, it's time to get rid of the evidence  and hide everything I did so Batman doesn't discover that I hacked his computer. He'll find out sooner or later, but at least for now he doesn't need to know.

My head quickly turns to the door when there is a loud knock on my door.

"Victoria? What are you doing?" Asks Bruce.

"Nothing, just looking at videos on You tube" fortunately I know how to eliminate all evidence before I open the door and let Bruce in.

"Why was your door locked?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't want to be disturbed." I say looking at him directly in the eye. In a way it's true.

"Can you help Tim with his homework?" He asks pressing the bridge of his nose.

"Sure" I'm pretty sure that as soon as I leave my room, Bruce might check my computer to find out what I was really doing, since I locked my door, that is why I left no trace. Closing my laptop, I go downstairs to the living room.

"Hey Tim, you need help?" I ask him.

"Uh, no, I'm playing video games. Why? Wanna join me?"

"Sure" I sit next to him and grab a control. "Just so you know you have to teach me how to play"

"I can't believe you actually want to play video games with me. Barbara never played with me"

"Tim, Barbara is older and has more responsibilities, maybe that's why" I smile at him.

"Okay"

The game starts and I try my hardest to press and push all the buttons, to my surprise I somehow manage to win.

"I thought you said you didn't know how to play. How did you do that?" Tim says raising an eyebrow.

"I figured it out"

"Whatever, it was beginners luck." He says and I stick out my tongue. Our childish argument is interrupted by Nightwing.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Asks Nightwing.

"Playing video games" says Tim.

"Both of you?"

"Yeah" I smile at him " want to join us?"

"Uh sure" he sits next to me. We play for a long time until Bruce comes.

"Found what you were looking for?" I ask him.

"Can we talk?" Bruce asks.

"Sure." I say putting the remote down and standing up. "sorry guys but after this you can play without me" I follow Bruce into the Bat-cave.

"How did you hack the Bat-cave system?"

"Honestly, I have no idea Bruce, it's very weird, if you ask me to show you I probably won't remember. Sometimes I do things by accident"

He stays quiet for a while before answering. "I believe you."

"Okay." That's it? Is he going to say more? "Thanks?" I say awkwardly. Now what do I do? This is worse than him questioning me.

"I'll teach you how to hack into systems only if you promise not to hack the Bat-cave system again."

"Okay, I agree"

"I have something for you" he gives me a glove with a screen.

"I'm guessing this will help me hack into systems while I'm in a mission?" I ask him.

"Yes, how do you know?"

"Nightwing used to have one when he was Robin. You know I've being working on some detective skills, cause you're an awesome detective"

"Noticed that you're working on your skills" he gives me half a smile and we go back to the living room.

When Tim and Nightwing see me they look surprised because I'm wearing my glasses.

"I didn't know...." Tim starts.

"Let me guess, you didn't know I use glasses."

"How did you know that's what I was going to ask?"

"I figured it out by your expression, I don't really need them so I don't wear them too often."

"Maybe you should used them more often" Nightwing says."You look nice with glasses and that could also help with your secret identity"

"You're right, I'll keep it in mind" inside, I'm laughing. After all he's the one that's hiding his identity from me.