Chapter 6: Nightmares

I put my pajamas on, a huge sports T-shirt and black shorts. After closing the door,I head towards my bed and turn the light off.

A day or so ago, I had an encounter with Scarecrow, he had a poison which didn't make much effect until now.....

As soon as I close my eyes the nightmares start. When the first one starts I see my dad.

"Dad!" I cry out. He turns to face me, but there is something different about him, he is bleeding. Not a regular bleeding, it's like a river. The air is filled with the metallic smell of blood. My father gets closer, I'm covered in blood... It burns, I'm drowning in blood. I-i-I can't breathe.

"Help!!!!" I scream. "Pleaseeeee! Somebody help me!"

"You silly girl, you are alone, no one is here for you, nobody can save you! You die alone!" The voice sounds familiar..... SCARECROW.

Okay just calm down. I think to myself.... This isn't real...but...but it feels so real.

Then the scene changes. I'm at home.

"Mom?"

"I'm here sweetie"

"Mom!!!"

She is on the floor. Then Scarecrow appears, he takes my mother, and throws her out the window.

"Noooooooooooooo!!!!!" I feel a wave of anger take over me. He just threw her out the window. I want to make him pay for it.

The scene changes again. The whole bat family is in a cage. They are too weak. I need to save them. They are hanging over a pit of acid, if I jump I die, but if I don't they die. Creak! The ropes are breaking! I run towards them but I don't make it in time, they all fall to the acid.

I didn't save them.

The scene changes again. Now I see the joker killing Jason Todd, the second Robin. I can't stand this I need to save him. I try to stop the Joker. But somehow I'm running in slow motion. I watch Jason die.

This happens over and over again. I see everyone I love and care about die in front of my eyes.

My last nightmare before waking up screaming. I'm holding Nightwing in my arms, he's dying. I put him down and try to get help.

"Someone! Anyone! Please help me! No, help us!"

"You are so weak! Hahaha! Seriously? Crying for help. You are pathetic!"

Then he hits Nightwing, killing him, then he shoots an arrow trough my body.

"Stoppppppp! Ahhhhhhh!" I'm terrified. Then I realize it was all a dream. My heart is beating like crazy. Then Nightwing opens the door and runs into my room, his eyes full of concern.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm sorry to wake you up, it wasn't my intention, I was.... I was having a nightmare"

Bruce, Barbara and Tim are standing by the door. Then Nightwing makes a signal and everyone leaves, I guess the sign meant that he is taking care of the situation.

"What kind of nightmares? Do you want to talk about it? I'm here to help you, but I can't help you if you don't let me"

I make space for him on my bed, he sits down and I immediately hug him.

"You all die in my nightmare, all the people I love die, I had never had a nightmare"

Nightwing just hold me tight and says "it's okay, we are all here, everything is fine, did you see anyone else?"

"Yes Scarecrow and Joker"

"Don't worry, if it makes you feel comfortable and a little better I'll stay with you for the rest of the night. He rubs the back of his neck and awkwardly sits on the floor. I hand him one of the many pillows on my bed and a blanket, and with that I drift back to sleep feeling a little better.