Chapter 39: New Identity.

Today is going to be my first day at the new high school. Unfortunately, I'm used to wearing a uniform like Gotham Academy, so I don't have a lot of clothes to wear to "normal" school.

I pick my outfit for the day and start getting ready.

Looking at my reflection I say over and over.... My new name is Malia Kent. I am new in town.

I apply a lot of makeup on my face to cover my true identity. Then I put my contacts and comb my dark black hair. I use black eye liner, pink blush and a pink lipstick.

I look like a different person, which is the whole point, I actually like my new look.

I grab my backpack and then I hear Conner calling.

"Malia! We're going to be late!"

"Sorry, I'm coming" I shout heading downstairs. There's no time for breakfast, so I grab some toast bread on my way out.

"Wow" Conner says when he sees my new look "you actually look like a Kent"

"Well thank you Conner" I say pushing my glasses up.

"Do you need a ride to school?" Asks Martha.

"No I think I got it" I say.

"You don't have super speed do you?" Martha asks.

"No Mrs. Kent I have a motorcycle"

"Well today I'm carrying you to school cause were going late" says Conner "hop on my back"

It takes some time for his words to sink in, but there is no other option. Besides, we are supposed to be related, people can't suspect anything because of our awkwardness. "Okay Conner"

I hop on his back and he starts running into the field, kicking some rocks along the way. Let me tell you that having super speed is awesome.

As Conner runs I can feel the wind on my face and hear the sound of the wind. Now I have an idea of what it's like to have super speed.

In little time we arrive to school.

"Well we made it in time. Welcome to your new school" says Conner.

"Thank you Conner" I say while making sure my outfit looks okay.

I notice that almost the whole school is staring at me. Did I forget something?

"Don't worry" Conner whispers standing next to me.

"I don't like it when people stare at me. Maybe it's the glasses. Do I look weird?" I push them up again feeling self conscious.

"Hey look at me, you look fine just ignore them"

"Hey Kent who is the new girl?" One of the guys from the football team asks.

"She's my sister" he says.

"What's your name sweetheart?" The boy asks.

"Malia Kent" I say.

"I didn't know you have a beautiful sister Kent"

"Yeah well you better keep your distance from me if you don't want to get hurt" I tell him.

"I like this girl." He says with a smirk. "Alright boys time to go" the boy and the football team leave.

"Get hurt? Seriously? That guy is huge" says Conner. "I mean in comparison to you"

"Well Conner I may not have powers but I know how to take care of myself. The smart one wins"

"So later today there's going to be a pep rally. Meet me here at the entrance" Conner says. "What's your first class?"

"Chemistry" I say.

"Okay follow me"

As we walk through the hallways I move Conner from one side to another as the doors open unexpectedly, that way he doesn't get hit by a door.

"How did you do that?" He asks me.

"Do what?" I say.

"The doors, just as they opened you moved me. It was like you were synchronized with the doors"

"Honestly I don't know how I did it" I say shrugging.

The bell rings and Conner and I go our separate ways.

The day seems to be going by really fast, specially when I have to go to different classes in different places and the place is huge!

By the time I know it I have to meet Conner for the pep rally.

"There you are Malia" he says "listen sis, I'm going to be a little busy, just wait for me okay?"

"Define busy" I tell him.

"Look over there" he points to a little pool, a chair and a button.

"What is that?" I ask.

"You've never seen one?"

"No, we don't have anything like that in Gotham"

"So in this game you have to throw a ball and hit the button, then the person sitting on the chair , which is me, falls into the water. I'm going to change clothes"

"Okay"

After, I see Conner sitting there. A few people try it put they miss. Then the guy from earlier today walks towards me.

"Hey Malia" he says "wanna try?" He asks and offers me the ball.

"Sure" I take the ball.

I've seen football players throw the ball so I imitate what they do. I get in position and throw the ball.

Then the crowd is quiet and I just hear the sound of Conner falling in the water.

"Nice arm" the boy says.

"Thanks" I walk towards Conner.

"I didn't know you could throw like that" Conner says.

"Me neither" I mess with his hair and splash him.

I help Conner get out, cause you know he's my "brother" and give him a towel. His shirt is white and it's wet so I can see Conner's abs. I blush a little but I shake the thought away.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Sure"

"Okay take my hand and follow me"

I take his hand and follow him until everyone is out of sight. Then he uses his super speed to get us home.

"Thanks for the ride Conner but tomorrow I'm taking my motorcycle" I turn around and I see Conner's hair is messed up. He looks so funny I can't help but laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" He asks me.

Then Martha sees Conner.

"What happened to you Conner?"

I give him a mirror and he quickly fixes his hair.

"We had a pep rally" he says.

"Did you have fun?" Martha asks.

"Yeah it was fun but I have to go shower and help with dinner" I say.