Chapter 16: Coming home

We get down from the jet and walk towards a big computer. As I look around I notice all the objects in the cave. This place is interesting and oddly familiar. There is a man wearing a dark suit and cape waiting for us. I stare at him for a moments.

"I know you." I say pointing at him. He looks at me with a straight face while everyone else looks surprised.

"You remember him?" One of the girls asks.

"This man saved my life before."

Batman, his name came back to mind, does not say another word about the subject, which means it's time to move on. "Please take a seat." He says pointing at a chair. "Miss Martian is going to try to get your memory back." says Batman.

I close my eyes and hear Robin's voice whispering .... please come back, please come back.

I feel pressure in my head and everything is blurry, after a while I close my eyes and get surrounded by darkness. Then I don't remember what happened.

I open my eyes slowly and notice that Bruce, Tim, Nightwing, Miss Martian, Garfield, Alfred and Jason are staring at me. Rubbing my eyes, I slowly sit up and hold my head.

"Um why are you guys staring at me?"

"Do you know where and who we are?" Asks Bruce.

"I'm in the Bat-cave, and yes I know who you are, why?" Then I remember "I have my memory back!" As soon as I finish my sentence, Tim and Garfield run to hug me. At first my body tenses but then I relax.  "I missed you guys. I'm glad to see that you are safe."

"We thought you were dead, I'm so happy to see you!" Tim says.

When I lift up my eyes, they land on Nightwing and he looks very nervous.

"Um guys can I talk alone with Victoria" Nightwing says.

There are some complaints but eventually everyone goes upstairs. When they are out of sight Nightwing slowly walks up to me and hugs me. My brain doesn't process what's happening until he starts crying.

"I'm so sorry, for everything"

"Um it's okay" I say awkwardly and put some distance between us. He tries reaching out to me but I punch his arm.

"Ow!" He complains "well I guess I deserved that"

"That was for leaving Tim and Garfield unprotected"

"Wait are you mad at me?"

"I don't know, I just need some time to think and to figure out how I feel right now."

"It's okay, I guess I deserve this and more."

We both go upstairs where everyone is decorating for a party.

"What's the occasion?" I ask.

"What do you think?" Jason hugs me tightly and lifts me into the air.

Nightwing looks sad and heartbroken which makes part of me feel sad. He doesn't talk to anyone, he just goes to his room. As I watch him walk away, I find myself wanting to follow him and make sure that he is okay, but things are complicated now and I'm not sure about how I feel, specially now that I know Starfire.

At the end I decide to stay at the party. To my surprise, the hole young justice league is here. Impulse even introduces me his girlfriend Melissa (a.k.a Imptress). The team was big before but now it's huge.

When the party is finally over i help clean up and then go upstairs to my room.

Before going to bed, I sit near the window and watch the shining lights of Gotham city.... Someday I'm going to help protect Gotham.